Questions to the community - Invalid Portal Criteria

1. As far as I remember (and I also just checked Wayfarer), portals on high school grounds are allowed (only portals on primary and secondary school grounds are not allowed). In report invalid portal menu one of the options is School (up to K-12). Not sure how it can be up to K-12 (from K to 12 maybe, or just K-12), but does it mean that portals on high school grounds are not OK now?
  2. Again, as far as I remember, mass-produced corporate art was not OK (I guess now it falls under just mass-produced art). But there's no option to report it. Is it still not allowed or is it allowed now?
  3. In one of threads here someone mentioned that murals on private residential property, even if they face public, are not allowed. Is that correct? Does it only affect murals on buildings, or are murals on fences affected, too?
  4. Considering portals on some school grounds are not allowed and if portals on private property fences are not allowed, does it mean that portals on some school fences are not allowed also?

Comments

• XQlusioNXQlusioN ✭✭✭✭✭

For 3 and 4, Niantic has been very clear.

If it is on the property (school or PRP) it's invalid.

Outside walls and fences are still school/prp property.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22

1 is incorrect, wayspots are not allowed on high school grounds as well as elementary school grounds. This has always been part of the criteria.

2. Mass produced art should not be approved by reviewers, but it is also not one of the criteria for removal. Therefore if one get through the review process, then it remains.

3 and 4. Wayspots located in fences or other boundry structures of private residential property and school grounds are not allowed and can be reported for removal.

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

Thanks for replying. Interestingly enough, I reported two portals yesterday - one on elementary school grounds, one on charter high school grounds. Today I got a reply that elementary school portal was removed, but high school portal will stay.

(also they should still fix "up to K-12" cause it doesn't make sense at all)

• As far as the Highschools go you might be remembering when ingress first came out High school nominations were accepted. That ended after they stopped accepting nominations after phase 1. When we started voting on those nominations they had changed the criteria to include all grades k-12 (Primary K-6, and Secondary 7-12) sometimes middleschool is concidered 6, 7 and 8th) but if you say secondary typically that includes up to end of Highschool.

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

My bad - I thought that secondary schools and high schools were separate. So basically portals on any school grounds are not allowed (not counting colleges and universities). Makes even less sense then as of why charter school portal was not removed....

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

I was looking at https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/ingress/?s=portal-network&f=reporting-invalid-portals&l=en&p=web and noticed that one of the reason for removal is this:

• The Portal’s real-world location appears to be within 40 meters of private residential property

Does it mean that if a portal is on public property, but close to private residential property, it can be removed? Or what does it mean?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, but that currently isn't reflect the wording of the Wayfarer guidelines. I guess we will have to wait and see if a series of appeals show up to restore portals near PRP that were not on PRP and whether Niantic accepts or rejects them.

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

I think Niantic should clarify this, cause it puts a lot of portals in jeopardy.