Title Capitalization

I've started coming across a steady stream of portal titles with no capitalization.... nor any in the description where needed. I usually mark the "Is the title accurate?" down for this. What do others do when they come across these? Because it's getting increasingly worse.

Will this be fixed in the future like how the forced capitals were in [redacted]?

Comments

• I notice that I press shift to capitalize the first letter which turns off the automatic capitalization of each word in the title. I always forget it auto capitalizes.

• ReighElmosReighElmos ✭✭✭

@NorcoExtreme I do the same thing! I out of habit hit shift to capitalize things and often fields the start off with auto cap, I end up turning it off by accident. I feel that pain.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I give 3 or less stars in that, because I believe that if it happens to have a equal submission in the same place the higher voted will be online first.

Solutions:

1. Make Prime And Pokemon Capitalize All Words. Can Leads To This, Which Is Also Weird.

2. ALL CAPS ON TITLE.

3. Wait for community for fix it with edits. Double work.

• HaramDingoHaramDingo ✭✭✭

First of all, I cannot stand it at all when the description of a portal has no capitalisation or is riddled with spelling mistakes all throughout. Sentence case for the Portal Description. But for the topic, the title capitalisation, back on Reddit I made a post about putting it back to Title Case (e.g. Hydraulinski's solution one) and a bunch of Europeans heavily rebuked that, saying that they don't usually use Title Case and would rather use Sentence Case.

But coming from an English configuration, at least some capitalisation should be inherently involved. I always mark down one star for title if it fails my standard, which to most is still pretty much a full-on agreement. And maybe spellcheck for Prime!!! It is cannot be a hard to get.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

So make the app do it according with the selected language.

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

This would be a good suggestion in the app feedback subforum... or to @reference whichever niantic staff that deal with Prime feedback.

i do think region specific capitalization makes sense.

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

I do mark the portals with no proper spelling low. "Lake of Fire" is not "Lake of fire", for example.

• ReighElmosReighElmos ✭✭✭

@Qu4rd I am not sure I want to visit a portal called, “Lake of Fire.” I’ll pass on that unique, I think. 😜

• sisimeonsisimeon ✭✭✭

I think your method of subtracting from the "Is the title accurate" score is a good way to deal with it. There's no reason to reject a good submission because of no capitalization, as it can be fixed later through edits. I know edits take forever to process, but if it is rejected, that needs to be processed too, so the time needed from OPR is not increased. A simple capitalization edit takes 5 seconds to approve for an OPR-agent