Suggestions to increase Agents aka click at ur own risk
WARNING: the following may include ideas that may immediately cause people to tap "disagree" 😠 [no worries, I can take it😎]; punctuation when & wherever I please...possible overuse of emojis 😄 comments for comedic effect & fractionally some useful & serious suggestions.
common side effects: irritability, pulsing temples, laughter...and dry mouth [not really but thought it would b a good addendum]
1. recruit PoGo trainers 😆...I know! ur immediate reaction is prolly a shudder 😨...but I started playing ingress after I was already into PoGo...i started to help my friend get a recruiting badge...i also increased our ingress community by convincing other trainers to start playing
2. Add avatars that are not symbols 🙄 i'm sorry if I actually like customizing an anthropomorized avatar... like a majority of games have available 💃🕺👯♂️👩🎤💩👽😈
3. more variety of animations💥☣⚡ when attacking a portal...or introduce in game hand 2 hand combat 😳😳😳 ...😅 this is possibly just my bloodthirsty nature peeking out tho😇
4. Don't insult other game communities 😒 [i.e. PoGo] 😶just because u think its childish or simple 😢 [expecting lots of disagree taps here 😏...so have at it 😘]
5. Bring abit of levity to ur game play 🤡 <--sorry I regretted using that emoji immediately...but feel it is absolutely necessary to keep it where it is 😘
thank you and good day! 😉
I'm not sure how 2-5 would increase agents.
As for 1, nearly every PoGo player already has an ingress account, if not only to access the Intel map.
So in terms of numbers, that probably is already high.
In terms of active agents, that's the issue...
Interesting ideas. #3 would be heavily disagreed upon, when Prime was released there was a big uproar about the number of animations and the length of time it took each time there was an action. People want to be able to play faster with less animations, it makes it more time efficient and effective.
Also, I note the lack of emojis in your post. Needs more! :P
🤔 u obviously didn't read the disclaimer... and 'every' would be completely inaccurate ...as well as level of activity... the problem is pure agents don't understand the PoGo mind [I don't judge on that...it is a frightening place...i know from personal experience 😱] 😂😂 new agents need to b progressively introduced to the various nuances...by finding correlation between the games 😊
emojis r my hug to the world...🤗 and completely agree with the length of time on animations...[try surviving 9 eggs hatching animation in PoGo]
I meant variety...mix up the floating percentages with a ☠ or like Batman "Bang!" "Pow!"...."Exploooooosion!!!" 😍
btw #downwithprime ...I want redacted back 😭
1. It's hard. Most of them don't want it because their interest is catching Pokemon, not the location things and war.
2. Nope. Ingress it's not a game, it's a scanner.
3. It already have to many animations.
4. I usually don't insult, but the facts I present causes rage because they're true.
1. It is just waste of time to recruit/teaching just future new L10 (remote chance to be more than that).
2. I think Shapers doesn't like that, and me too.
3. Ingress had absolutely amazing sounds before Prime. It was expressed more about the game than animations, I used to hear (ambient sound of both faction, for example) and I loved it.
A bunch of animations isn't good for fast gameplay, and now unfortunately nothing about sound is good inside Ingress Prime.
#4 - This should go on its own thread.
Disrespect does not prevent new agents to come but it is one major cause for agents to leave.
Note about emojis: they are images that usually describe a feeling, a mood or any other hard to describe context. Is not wrong to abuse of emoji but keep in mind that you may not be understood the way you intend if you missuse them.
i'm rarely understood 😊 but those who do win my eternal respect and luv 😘
and unfortunately abuse of emojis is my eternal curse .....and their one design failing... have u ever noticed they have no nuance? like why only a happy poop emoji? 🤔
1. what is most? 🤨 do u have proof that is not hearsay or anecdotal? 🤔 It is difficult but so is learning a new language...that doesn't stop most people from learning..just some...and I don't know about u, but a large percentage of my community play multiple games that are all different...so I cannot agree
2. 😂 unless u just walk around staring at the screen.. 🤔 and if so that seems very boring...the scanner is the tool to play the game...which includes actions outside, narratives and goals/achievements
3. 😦 why cant anyone understand what I mean by "animations"? [which as stated only applies to attacking portals] I completely agree about there being too many lengthy animation sequences
4. What facts? because well thought out arguments on another game is not being insulting...just like having a difference of opinion is also not...i meant things like reducing another game's players to a derogatory generalization
....It actually caused me to stop playing in the beginning because I was insulted and belittled just because I played PoGo first ☹...
I dont judge the Ingress community on a whole because of those few jackholes😒....so why disagree with this suggestion? 🤔
4.... this has been amazing awful that niantic players of all stripes have ridiculed others for the game they play. That small number of folks being so entitled about "those lazy ingress players not making stops". And "dumb pogoers ...."
As to your other points....
Personally i think Pogo is has too much going on.... 16 monster types! ....too many pokemon. It's not simple it's too busy.
So @BlndZmbiKilla love your intention of your post what can be done to jazz up ingress to entice pogo players..... yet i think it better to keep ingress more stream lined. ....may be a skin with all of the jazz so people could opt in?
Fun fact: that "poop" emoji was actually suposed to be chocolate ice cream, but then someone said "that looks like poop to me".
Now everyone thinks it is :D
So basically, your suggestion is "Get PoGo players to play Ingress by giving them dolls to dress up, trainer battles, be nice to them, and be funny".
PoGo is not the place where Ingress will get recruits, because PoGo already has a Niantic title that appeals to them. There might be some who'd find Ingress more appealing if they tried it, but those are few and far between, and you're robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Recruiting is all about finding people who haven't tried an ARG and getting them to try Ingress first as well as making the game more appealing to try, by having flashy advertisements and gameplay trailers, getting it visible, and having a decent review score in the App Store/Play Store so it gets suggested.
Why did chocolate icecream have eyes?
Maybe you got insulted by overuse of emoticons. 🤔🤪🤣🤣🤷🏻♀️😂
Why would poop have eyes? xD
Hey i always find your comments quite informed. If not a little "Blam! Here's some quite considered opinion to your first thoughts on this matter."
So feel free to blam the following:
My thoughts on why ingress "best game in the world" is not flooded with folk is that it's too intense. . There's a threshold of spacial and tactical awareness you have to use.
You can't play ingress casually as a beginner.
You can't play ingress casually as a beginner.
I agree that casual players tend to burn out quickly.
Alright, fine 😋
I agree Ingress has a high initial bar of learning. We all had moments like "Why didn't my 4 links make a field?" and there used to be a community that would have already grabbed us and got us into chats, that would reply "Three links! Add another along the diagonal!".
Coupled with the fact that until you're level 8 (or at least 6), you really can't do much combat wise, people who find themselves in opposition areas tend to not be able to do much without help.
That's where Ingress is on the slow slide, because the community isn't being reinforced from above (Niantic), so it's not being maintained by the players, meaning that new players have far less support. That is the key place where we need to work on it, both as players, and that @NianticBrian is looking at to reinforce from Niantic. The community is what made Ingress great in the first place, and it's what will make Ingress "great again".
They recently released a communities map for HPWU...
If there is any game where an official list of communities would be beneficial, it is Ingress...
There used to be one. But it was completely unmaintained after a few months and disappeared in the "Great Webpage Purge".
I know, it just stings to see it coming for a game that doesn't need it as much.