NEW SCANNER STILL 75% SLOWER

this game used to be so much fun this game used to be so much fun now it's so slow it's not fun to play. We were promised that the scanner would be sped up it was one tenth the speed of the old scanner now it's 1/4 it's faster but it's still not the fun game that used to be people of stop playing everywhere they're nothing but ghost portals all around my area. Why didn't they just buy the rights to the old scanner software and go with it instead of trying to work it in with something about Pokemon go and Fantasy games this is an action game in a story based scanner can't react fast enough

Comments

• edited January 2020

Why didn't they just buy the rights to the old scanner software

Because Microsoft wanted RoboVM killed so that they could push Xamarin harder. They were never going to sell, and Google and Apple won't allow apps to continue to be distributed on the platform.

And Niantic needed to homogenize their software anyway to afford to keep Ingress afloat.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

redacted was so fast u could get in and start doing something in less then 10 seconds or so.. in prime it takes forever sometimes to get in, last days during holidays i got the chose faction screen.. how fun is that when someone attacks your portals?

I doubt unity will ever make prime as fast as redacted was sadly..

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Unity could never shine with performance. I can't understand why they chose it instead of Unreal for example.

• This platform has essentially KILLED INGRESS.  obviously the obviously the computational overhead has turned it into molasses and it's no longer fun to play.

• Here in forums instead of the app. :)) hehe

Yes, we're still here.

I am hoping for a positive upgrades.

I relate to the speed issue, I do play on commute rides, I could fully deploy a portal back then just passing by on a moderate speed with v.1 or Redacted. Now with prime I just hope I get to capture it or something. The resos are going like

Reso: I am to be deployed here. Wait? What? Here? Now? You sure? Ah ok.

and sometimes it doesn't get deployed.

(I commented just to share the Reso:) haha 😅

I usually reach my monthly mobile data limit too, I remind myself before leaving an area with wifi to start Prime so less data consumption when I set out.

• Here in forums instead of the app.

You might be. I made another 300k tonight just because it was fun.

• You seem to be one of the few who finds the app mor enjoyable than the forums.

I'm less frustrated reading the forums and complaining about the app. It's so slow and ugly that I'd rather see if anyone in the forums is mentioning improvements than waiting for the app to load.