2 portals with same name

Category: Title or Description

Title of the Portal: Morgan Park

City: Brisbane

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

One should be Morgan Park Playground and the other just Morgan Park.

I've tried an edit with the street name, ie. Morgan Park, Griffith Rd and Morgan Park, Vista Crt.

Comments

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited January 6

Hiya @BigMumma9

I just checked your GPS Co-Ordinates that you supplied and I can see that there is two portals there quite close together to each other,however although I don't have the power to remove any portals as that's down to the OPR / WAYWARER users what I could suggest if you hadn't already thought of it is this if you have level 10-12 access (as I cant see your profile level from here)

1) Go to "Cooper Park" (map info) which seems to be adjacent to Morgan Park but actually on Vista Court and submit a new portal there in the middle of the park/playground as you mentioned it to be and also do this with a good quality photo from the outside of the park looking in (which looks only a few steps further from Morgan park) and submit a portal from there

2) re-report the closest portal to your new portal as a duplicate/invalid location but only do this when your new portal hopefully goes live this should then flag it up on the system to the reviewers in your area and hopefully if they review the info correctly like I did they will see that it needs to be removed/corrected

3) in the meantime repeat the above process for "Morgan Park" with it's correct address postcode/zip code as you mentioned in the original post and again flag up the offending portal(s) in the same way and this way it should get them put in there correct places.

This is the only work around i can suggest also I believe there should be around 20mtrs distance between each portal/pokestop/gym/etc... to be valid if im wrong with the Information then I'm sure someone will correct me.

I also see multiple portals in "Morgan Park" but of different items so make sure that the new portal won't cause interference with any fielding that needs doing.

Hope That Helps.

@NianticKN care To Take a Look as I see you have been a busy **** today 😁😂🤣

Post edited by PhantomR1982 on
  • Appeal Accepted- Thanks for the appeal, Agent. Based on the evidence provided, we’ve updated the title of the Portal.