Upgrades stuck in Queue 4 ever

Anyone else experiencing upgraded submissions stuck in queue? I currently have 3 stuck for over a month. They are completely stuck because I have upgraded other submissions in between and they go directly to voting and get a resolution.

Are these submissions doomed? Is there a way to get them into voting? Any help who be appreciated.

Comments

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two submissions that were made in May, and were upgraded in May. When Wayfarer was released, they were still "In Queue". Contacted Niantic Support, once I got past the generic responses it suddenly changed to "In Voting". They have been Upgraded for 6 months and in voting for 1 month now.

Have had dozens of other nominations come and go since then, including 50+ upgrades.

Still waiting.

I would suggest contacting Niantic Support and see if they can help push it or something.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

They either can't or won't, or ignore. Niantic Support has been unresponsive to me for several days since I asked to look into the status of a nomination with an upgrade still in queue for 2 weeks.

This is one response I received back when inquiring about aged upgrades not going anywhere after several weeks. I'm not sure what else to try, next.

• RagthornRagthorn ✭✭
    edited December 2019

I got that same generic response, but after getting it I upgraded more submissions and they did go to voting. Which contradicts the response entirely. So it seems niantic isn’t even clear on what’s going on.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Thanks for the screengrab,@Ragthorn. Yea, I found that reply contradictory to personal experiences and contradictory to the intent of upgrades. Should that statement be true, it would be my best interest to get an upgrade and then stop reviewing until my upgrade is cleared, or else risk my upgrade basically being voided. Either seem counterintuitive to what we should be doing.

@NianticCasey explained that if the region's backlog is too great and/or not enough reviewers in your area, it will also slow things down. This is understandable but also frustrating because it means 1) my votes are helping out people nominating and not reviewing my nominations and 2) honestly upgrades should be rewards, despite the inactivity of reviewers in my region.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Submitted at the same day, with about a hour of difference, and they are literally right on the side of each other. The first I submitted got upgraded and stuck, not a single vote yet (I can still edit).

What's the point of upgrade at all?

This didn't happen before with old OPR.

• OchemistOchemist ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

This didn't happen before with old OPR.

Did we actually know what happened before with OPR? That system was pretty opaque, and even when upgrades entered the picture it took a while for an upgrade to be applied to a new submission. We also had no idea when things went into voting.

In my experience, when I submit two things that are close together, they don't both immediately go into voting at the same time. (The theory that other submissions are completely blocked until the first one gets resolved is wrong, but there does seem to be a delay when things go into voting.)

• I'm suspicious of upgrade glitches here too, but how would we actually report it? I've got one going on about a month now with 3 upgrades I've had since then only taking a couple days. The region is the same, so the canned response clearly isn't cutting it.

edited December 2019

Just got 3 more approved yesterday and over night, but the one marked as upgrade still there in queue. I got only 3 proposal there, one currently in vote, that I expect to be approved by the end of the day, and one in queue who will probably be the next in voting and approved, while the upgraded will be the last one. I'm not submitting any new one until it resolve, to prevent it stucking forever.

This is complete bS, since the reason to it be marked as upgrade is because we want priority!

Don't know if is related, but few day ago I marked one as next to upgrade, but it got reviewed before actually became upgraded since I didn't got the points yet.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

My experience is that upgrading a nomination actually slows it down.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

I am starting to think a few factors are causing issues.

1: Multiple people in the same scoring cell as me reported issues around November 14-26th (this could be even larger range) or so with the upgrades still in the queue. AM-GOLF-07 (Surrounding cells are not having issues) Seeing 2-3 day turn around on non-upgrades in our rural 9 scoring cell region.

2: I had two submissions about 100-125ft give or take from pin to pin placement go into voting at almost the exact same time stuck. A playground and a pavilion from November 22nd 2019.

3: Upgrades may only be fast if they are highly voted on if the voters who get them in the first day or so give high scores. I have had 3 day turn around this week on 2 submissions that were sent in on sunday. They were in voting for less than 24 hours each.

4: Upgrades probably are getting pushed back by the daily upload of more submissions so it could lodge certain upgrades if people are giving 2-4* on the submissions and add in the fact the reviewers personal status.

just some ideas I am having.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 2 different issues here, things not going into voting, and things getting stuck once they are in voting. My understanding is that upgrades are supposed to move a submission out of the queue and into the voting stage faster, nothing more. This is the part that currently appears broken.

How long something takes to come out of voting probably just depends on how controversial it is (I expect that behind the scenes, if the first 10 or so reviewers all accept or all reject, that leads to a decision, if it's a 5/5 split then it stays in voting until a consensus eventually emerges.)

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Since my nominations aren't going anywhere, I'm taking some time to play with them. I'll not going to say any of my nominations should be 5* all the way down, but they definitely should have been accepted.

I did have one candidate that got nominated during the day, upgraded that evening before I went to bed, and denied before I woke up. That made NO sense to me that, of all things, it could get enough votes to close out during the night.

edited December 2019

My stuck upgrade I know that there is proposal from a other player in the same spot, that's why I upgraded it, to try winning the race and get it approved first. Maybe the system can load only one at time for each sCell?