Wayfarer so broken

Since I started doing OPR I’ve been in the Green the whole time.

But last week from nowhere I was in the

red.

I haven’t done that many in wayfarer

lately to be honest so I was quite stunned to see this happen.

My best guess is that my Idea of quality

likely is too high.

And as I today used the one time reset

to get back to yellow without any issues.

My standard should be fairly aligned

with Niantics.

If I can no longer vote with a good

continence on what qualifies as a POI and I need to bow to the wave of trash

nominations that flow in.

At this rate standard of what is OK

seems so low Niantic could write a script to snatch any image with GPS

information from google and post that as a POI and the quality would likely be

higher.

Its interesting that this has gone from

statues, fountains and other historic sights you might find interesting and to

get people outdoors and see new things.

To we need more portals and stops at any

cost.

So this is me going from green to red to

yellow to passive aggressively rage quitting OPR.

Comments

• RobiQuRobiQu ✭✭✭

Yeah, I quit weeks ago when they opened it to PoGo. Same thing happened to me but I refused to take the test as it was mega insulting and very likely I’d drop to red again. I was a bit peed off at first but now happy to let the POI database go to 💩 as long as I have absolutely nothing to do with it.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

HOLY TEXTWALLS Batman.

Quit if you want, but its still better to vote based on the guidelines to help keep Wayfarer accurate. It might feel paintful but remember your overall rating means almost nothing. Its just better to vote accurately despite moving to red. The system will eventually be fixed and back to normal.

• OchemistOchemist ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

> remember your overall rating means almost nothing. Its just better to vote accurately despite moving to red.

This is true if you are an Ingress player and have your onyx recon badge. But if you don’t, and want to to advance that badge, you’d be very well-advised to not do much reviewing right now. It appears to be very easy to fall into red, and there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to get out of it at all easily. I actually know somebody who has stopped reviewing for this reason, and it’s a shame.

• There is something far more important than badges going on - it's the quality of the portal network as a whole. I too review like fire counting on an eventual normalisation.

• Not sure if this is from regional issues, but I've always voted based on criteria and haven't left green before or after Wayfarer.

• I always vote based on criteria and went from Great to poor & received a request to retrain within about 100 reviews on Wayfarer. I also think it's because I'm stricter an adherence to the criteria than the average Ingress player, but while Ingress players were the majority it didn't matter, because the difference was very little.

• I'm a very lenient reviewer who does look for reasons to accept and have always adhered to the guidelines to the best of my ability and I dropped to yellow for the first time after 20,000+ reviews a week or two ago after about a 1 hour session where there was more 1* trash than I'd seen in days previously.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

It has to be a regional issue. It seems if you had a lot of playgrounds, baseball fields etc submitted before wayfarer your area likely had a person or a group of people who played both games submitting. It seems that communities that had people who play both and had a lot of submissions done before wayfarer see less trash passing. Probably due to a decent amount of dual players submitting and voting via ingress. My area had a slight shift in quality but nowhere near what it could be. Yes we are seeing heaps of trash but most of it is being sent right back with a rejection letter. People have tried sneaking in their house have not been successful. I am guessing outreach in communities on helping people learn what is in guide is working for some areas better than others too.