Priorities, maybe?

Niantic. Here you are spending loads of time and effort on this tessellation challenge - which few care about and even fewer actually understand.

You're setting up a new decoding challenge, that's great. Except it's again a niche for very few players.

You're spending probably thousands of dollars on videos that people don't care about.

AND YET your support "team" spends months asking people the same questions in an endless loop, and then just starts ignoring people, when they have serious problems. We have NUMEROUS players, some L16, who can't even login. We have a player who has to go through the tutorial MULTIPLE times a day.

This has been escalated to a vanguard, and you're ignoring him too!

Just where are your priorities???

Comments

• "You're spending probably thousands of dollars on videos that people don't care about."

LOL

• I'm not quite sure what's LOL about that statement.

According to Niantic there are a million plus players. The Dunraven videos they made were watched between 3,000 and 10,000 times, and that includes accidental clicks of people going "what is this" and then leaving. At a generous estimate that's 1% of the player base even watched them.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Posts like this are why I'm already tired of these forums. The whining about the game is just as bad as reddit and g+ was. Everyone complaining about how Niantic should be doing what they think is appropriate, and forget everything else!

Let people enjoy things, even when you don't. Let Niantic experiment with their own game. It is theirs, after all.

• "Let people enjoy things, even when you don't. Let Niantic experiment with their own game. It is theirs, after all."

Quite, let people enjoy things. The complaint isn't that Niantic is trying new things, the complaint is that they're spending what is obviously a very limited resource base on "whatever" when the basics aren't working - when MANY people can't even play the game, and are locked out of accounts they've spent hundreds or thousands of hours on.

This isn't a beta.

When support does nothing for months to help MANY people, I think it's fair to call them on it, don't you? If they were doing all these things, AND actually having a fit-for-purpose support setup, then whatever, go nuts with it. But having an utterly dysfunctional support system should come first to fix. That's just obvious.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't want the people managing the background story and related challenges do customer support... So, while it is true that customer support can be improved, not spending effort on background story challenges wouldn't help in any way.

• GobiasGobias ✭✭✭

An while we're at it, why not let the the people responsible for maintaining the social media presence redirect their efforts toward finding performance enhancements in the client app implementation to improve battery life slightly?

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, skip the silly videos and bring back that Ingress Report! I mean, where else can we get our weekly Ingress news at?

• Why not? Basic customer support is something that most people can do with a bit of training. Been there, done that myself. A couple of days of asking someone more experienced "what do I say to this", and you learn the job.

Or, move these people to another product and move some support people from elsewhere onto ingress. If you can't do that, and your budget is fixed, then hell, fire a couple and hire more appropriate people. Obviously let's avoid firing people where necessary, but if you have the wrong staff balance to actually have a functional system, you do what you must to make it work.