Can a player be banned for fraud with portals?

In Belgium we are facing a guy in the town called Manage. At first he would submit anything he could see, interesting or not.

Interesting stuff got accepted, but most of them refused

The it got better and good nominee's came in.

Today I got one of those free box libraries.

I wanted to accept it but on the sphere image that was added in OPR I didn't see the marker. Looked around and found it 'under my feet'.

I switched to satellite and didn't recognise the environment. I dragged the streetview man tintje map and put him on the street instead of the Sphere. Tadaa, totally different location.

In my opinion (and the opinion of other OPR agents in my area) this deserves a ban

I'd you want to see for yourself:

Here's the address

Rue Saint-Fiacre 6, 7170 Manage, Belgium

Title of the nominee: Boîte à Livres

I have screenshots nut don't know how to post them here

Regards

Comments

• And this is just the tip of the giant **** iceberg for this guy

• Yes, someone shared in reddit a few days ago a case like this.

But i cant post links or images, i keep getting this error....

• You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

• Yes, someone shared in reddit a few days ago a case like this.

I cant share link or images...

• You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

• @Pangarban thanks for the info, I'll do this within week, but I also hope someone of Niantic will check this thread and do something about that player

In my opinion: ban him from submitting portals and remove all portals he submitted to be sure the other ones are real

• Submit a ticket at support.ingress.com

Make sure to include everything so that Niantic can pinpoint these exact submissions.

People have been banned from submitting/editing portals.

• And this moron, who appears to be of my faction, has been submitting false portals for ages in his/her street, denied for weeks, until somehow, someday, he managed to get two accepted :(

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

The suggestion of a minimum recon medal requirement is a great one.

• That would avoid silly nominations by new players, but this player is clearly of bad faith/polluting the game. (s)he would pass the test and still submit her/his fake portals.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

I will say this I sometimes will offset a streetview by a few feet if the object is very close to the curb as I have had photospheres merged with the streetview vehichle line in the past. To me abuse is actually faking the location if the photo sphere is of by a few meters it could be an issue of closeness to an existing streetview car line

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope @nian@NianticMac make it easy with AI and agent listen and follow for nomination.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like its the Belgium equivalent of a submitter obsessed with Pymmes park we have in the UK.

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/737/pymmes-park-in-enfield-uk-do-not-accept-submissions-here

• Can a player be banned? No, or it's very unlikely. People make mistakes and also try to abuse the system and they are all still here (as far as I know).

• My thoughts to fix a lot of stuff like this goes something like this.

1) make an easier way to report mischief and start banning players for it

2) move submissions AND OPR to level 11 and add testing for submissions.

• panfolekpanfolek ✭✭✭

This calls for a perm ban for the account in question in my opinion.

• It probably has been proposed before, but why not also have a submission-quality rating for players in OPR? If many of a player's portal submits/edits get rejected in OPR with 1*, or get flagged for abuse, the submitter's rating can drop to POOR. This could be made visible in OPR to warn reviewers to check those submits even better for abuse, or have other consequences.

• Message with some examples have been sent to Niantic (via another form - companies and persons can complain if portals are on private property)

Casenumber is 2514470

@NianticMac

• Got word back from Niantic. One fake portal that got through is removed from the game.

It's in their policy not to communicate if or what actions were taken regarding that agent.

• I would say that OPR should begin at L10 and if you can maintain a 60 or 70+ success rate and after reaching gold recon, THEN you can submit new portals after level 12 or 13.

• QwizicalQwizical ✭✭✭

They should be. There should be more bans for players who repeatedly submit fakes and deliberately falsify information.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope Niantic first blick agents 1 month if agents send in lots of bad and faild dont follow criteria after 3 block we get more and more block. If the agents start new accouts Niantick remove all accouts agents have and make.

@NianticMac

• 3Bikes3Bikes ✭✭

I just recently pointed out to a new submitter why I don't 5* the location on a 360 unless the context matches the satellite view. I could have pointed them to this thread.