Ingress poor reviewers

What can be done about poor ingress reviewing in the wayfarer.

As of Novembers AMA a local busy independent shop that is extremely busy and the only one in a 20mile radios is not getting though wayfarer.

It has been 3 times since the AMA changed last month. what can be done to change the old thinking of lazy ingress reviewers not staying updated on AMA changes.

Comments

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

It will take Niantic getting more involved and acutely updating the guides from time to time. AMAs are available to Ingress players, not to PoGO players who now make up a large portion of reviewers. Updating the guides and including more "test" nominations to encourage people to understand what is and is not eligible.

• Its ingress players rejecting things here not many pogo players are reviewing this

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not so much lazy reviews as uniformed reviewers

The total number of views on the November AMA globally is between 5 - 6 thousand, with some of them being repeat views to recheck answers, and not all of those views are going to be people checking Wayfarer answers.

Thats only going to be a very small percentage of players/reviewers globally, which would then reduce even further nationally and locally.

Combine that with the fact that a reviewer has to actively seek out any updates to the guide on Wayfarer to see if there are any changes, it doesnt automatically display an update log to let site users know there has been a change, you're going to be getting uninformed reviewers.

There needs to be a change in the way updates to the Wayfarer guide are currently handled, as they will be people out there, who through no fault of there own, have no idea the criteria has changed

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not counting that the G+ AMAs are currently in internet limbo, all the AMAs asked via here at the community.ingress.com are available publicly. Non-ingress players merely cannot comment or ask questions.

But it's terribly unfortunate that only some of the updated-via-AMA information has gotten updates on the Wayfarer site.

• maqifrnswamaqifrnswa ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

I wish submitters would also explain why something is a local hot spot. I've been rejecting a bunch lately that just say "local hot spot" in the description and something like "hundreds of trainers come here every day" as supporting information.

I believe the burden is on the submitter to give evidence it is a local hot spot. Not saying you are doing that, but it would make it easier for me to accept one.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Agreed - very counterintuitive. If I see a "church" nomination, obviously my first impression is a 5* review. But then I scroll down and see it is significantly location mismatched. Even the guide on rating is a little counterintuitive - should I leave the 5* overall rating but just a 1* for location? I don't think it should keep the 5* review if it's so obviously wrong. If I leave the 5* but place a 1* for location, do I still get the agreement? Honestly, agreements are important, but I do want to be doing it "right."

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Moving the wayspot to the correct location is an option.

• I've been wondering the same thing. If it is no where to be found (not just an issue of moving it to the right location), is it a 1* with "location mismatch" or is it 5* with a 1* location rating.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

I agree - it's an option, and it's an option I use frequently. However, I've noticed cases where it's simply too far to know where is correct or when there appears to be malicious intent behind the mis-location (a church 3 blocks away placed in a private residence). Malice or accident aside, a nomination does not (in my opinion) deserve a 5* if they mess up the location so poorly.

That's my interpretation. I could be wrong.

• If it's out by more than a few hundred metres, or not easily located, 1* location mismatch.

• If you are having trouble getting something accepted then ask on your national wayfarer group if anyone saw it and if they can recommend anything to improve your submission

• So true. Perhaps it would help if Niantic discontinued the Recon badge, just like they did with the Guardian badge.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

The problem isn't the recon badge. The badge has nothing to do with a reviewer's rating. All it counts is the total number of agreements. The actually problem is reviewers who are more concerned with their "rating" and thus rate how they believe others will rate a nomination instead of determining if a nomination actually meets Niantic's criteria. In fact, I just posted an example where someone recommenced to "follow the crowd" instead of following Niantic's guidelines.

• I would love to see NIAOps doing some audits and giving people feedback, whether it be good or bad. We only know if we are rating in accordance to others so would be nice to know if we are reviewing the same as NIAOps would do, and I think it would help if some of them actually saw the rubbish we have to review

• Please stop refering to ingress players as lazy.

It's incrediblly rude.

• No they are.

I played pogo and started ingress now lvl 13.

And the sheer lack of research done by ingress reviewers is unbelievable. Very worthy poi's rejected because they cant be bothered to click on the title that shows that the poi is actually submitted. It is laziness that items are marked as generic business, blocks emergency services etc.

Review how niantic set out guidelines and I'll stop saying they are lazy.

Deal?

• I've posted them in the past but you think there should be less portals so obviously not going to disagree

• With respect to your poi. Businesses are extremely hard for anyone to get through. It doesnt matter if they are pogo or ingress

1) Folks who have never been to your country are reviewing your nominations .... i was naive too. I only review Australia because that's my cultural context. Yet there are folk that have set their extra location to places they've never been.

Their perception may not register the unique hyperlocal value of your poi.

2) it might not be reviewers it might be you. You may have choosen a poi that is not good enough for the folks that are reviewing.

• I’m asking because I haven’t seen them and many people on this thread probably haven’t seen it either.

My personal feelings aside I always do try my best to help people sell their submission as best I can.

• But then they need to click on the title that will take them to google and show the full details instead of reviewing as what they think should be in or out. They should follow niantic guidelines.

Laziness.

• It's certainly not all of them. Just some. Over the last couple of years I have submitted a lot of POIs and many got accepted. Due to the work of Ingress reviewers. I am grateful for that.

• I'm not saying you personally but when I review if I cant make a judgement on what I am reviewing with all the tools that niantic give me I either skip or put a neutral rating. I never reject or accept as that's not how to review.

I submit as per niantic guidelines if they said tomorrow that all lampposts are now great poi's I'd submit them. I'd expect the reviewers to accept them instead of making up lazy stupid excuses to reject them.

Old reviewers need to stay updated with what is in or out.

• I would never submit a business. Folks just have never really accepted them. It's too subjective. Someone's hyperlocal is another person's 'meh not fussed' So many resubmits needed to get through and then not a definite.

Was the same in opr when just ingress was submitting and reviewing.

• It's not absolute rubbish. I did receive a ban but wasnt for my submissions it was for an edit that was misplaced in redacted so let's clear that up. My submissions was never stopped just my reviewing.

It would have been a lazy ingress reviewers who flagged my account up in the first place and niantic never could tell me what edit was wrong

• Show us the business you want to submit.