Ingress 2.37.2 Release Notes

You should receive an update to Ingress 2.37.2 coming soon, which includes the following changes:

• UI: Removed chromatic aberration and left/right vignette on map screen. Goodbye blurry edges.
  • UI: Fixed overlapping AP and codename position.
  • UI: Added links to https://community.ingress.com and https://shop.ingress.com to the Additional Resources screen.
  • UI: Moved Settings menu build number below the X button.
  • Bugfix: Sequential mission waypoint numbering starts with 1 (not 0).
  • Bugfix: Successfully redeeming a passcode on Android displays a list of acquired items. After updating to 2.37.2, agents can test this with passcode BK8INGRESS7YC
  • Bugfix: Fixed range efficiency stat on Charge screen for recursed agents.
  • Bugfix: Fix for portal key photo albums.
  • Bugfix: Speculative fix for hangs on command channel before glyph hacking.

Comments

• Yeah. Less purple and more yellow would be nice

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭

Thanks for listening to us!

• Goodbye chromatic abberation, I'll miss your edgy, Sci-Fi feel

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭

Another pretty small update

@NianticBrian Can't help but wonder if the BIG update has been pushed till mid December

This update feels quite small

• Oo, nice day, update👍👍👍👍

• It would be nice to have settings for toggling specific behaviors. Such as disabling the "feature" that makes it automatically ask which portal you clicked on in tighter clusters.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭

Thank god for the removal of the blurry edges. Never understood why all these effects weren't optional to begin with. I feel like they did it now to make the list longer ;P (I kid, I kid).

The glyph hack bug was game breaking for me. Actually stopped playing a few times because restarting the scanner to hack was getting tedious. SO hope it's fixed now...

• I never found the command screen hanging bug to be a problem. I used that time to practice various glyphs. After doing a few practice glyphs, the actual glyph hacking game would kick in.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭

It was around since version 2.14 or something silly like that. It was really getting annoying. During the event I would fan field the same 16 links a LOT of times, and farming keys was an absolute nightmare. Having to restart the game every 10-15 hacks because the glyph command screen would hang was putting me off several times. Would just quit all together.

I've heard people that weren't affected by it as much, good for them. Personally I've never experienced the speedlock bug, but I was really glad they solved it for the people that did. I see a huge decrease in activity all around, these kinds of fixes are so important. I hope people will start coming back.

• Passcode still doesn't show what was gained.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭

So, um.. A day has passed and I didn't heard of anyone getting the update. How long?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭

Did you get the update already? Haven’t seen it on either the AppStore or playstore :o

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭

Last time, the update was announced and the next day it was on the AppStore. Which was really quick, usually it takes 4-5 working days.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭

I've received the update. The passcode result works again for me.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that other guy probably didn’t read at all and just redeemed in the current client. :D

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭

In 2.35, Ada announcing portal cooldown time had been reintroduced. "Bugfix: Updated portal hack cooldown sounds."

They are gone now again in 2.37 ☹️

• I also like the chromatic aberration, it's just designed for a game like this. Hope it could be an option in the settings.