Recursion Benefits

124»

Comments

• Amaterasu00Amaterasu00 ✭✭✭

I think recursed agents should be able to read lost xm trails for longer time, also to see further in the scanner, in dronemarks etc.

It would also be interesting if the recursed agents could conceal their xm absorbation without using hypercubes.

• I really like the idea of agents being given a choice. For example, when an agent recurses they're given a point. They must choose the type of point. Those points can be spent on abilities. Certain types of points can gain different types of abilities, and each ability could be invested in multiple times. Agents could also choose to accumulate points towards stronger higher cost abilities. As well, each faction could have their own subset of abilities, and common abilities to choose from.

Some examples:

Increase burster damage 1%

Increase Resonator health 1%

Increase US critical hit rate 2 %

Increase burster critical hit rate 1%

Increase burster range 2 meter

Increase US range 1 meter

Increase US damage by 2%

Increase mod "stickiness"

Increase xm bar by 500

Increase inventory space by 50

Reduce portal damage recieved by 1%

Additional xm charged per charge (essentially free XM)

Additional L8 res deploy costing 4 points 2 from each faction.

Additional mod deploy costing 6 points 3 from each faction.

Increased link range for the same level portal

Increase outgoing links available by 1 costing 1 point from each faction

Balancing all of this would be a challenge, and a quite complicated system to implement, but it would encourage players to change factions, and give them something to work towards past level 8, something this game lacks quite a bit. Would some high level agents abuse newer players? Certainly, but the same agents already can, and likely do **** new players, make difficult portals, "spike" portals, charge on them, ETC. It's just the nature of gaming, and people in general. Just my two cents. Sorry if I'm repeating anything, I genuinely didn't have time to read this entire thread.

• In the same vein as @Zenn and @VAIN, allowing recursion benefits to match Magnus archetypes would loosely tie in a bit more lore while also giving a bit more justification to recursion. I whipped up a mockup a while back using a screenshot from my first recursion, to visualize a player choosing an Explorer archetype and receiving a medal to correspond to it.

I'll preface this by saying all of this is my own curiosity, but would you all rather see just raw stat boosts (more AP, more XM, etc) or entirely new mechanics? Should recursed players just get little bonuses above and beyond non-recursed players, or something completely new?

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't be opposed to either. Maybe allow recursed agents to view multiple layers? Or have kinetic cap recipes that are exclusive to recursed.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Similar idea was suggested time ago related to Onyx/Fenix badges: offering an upgrade somehow related to the badge.

• Maybe use a method similar to this for the an XM bar increase on the next / new recursion started (and not retroactive)? 

Normally when you level up your XM bar starts at 3,000 XM capacity and increases 1,000 XM with each level from L1-8 and 1,500 for each level from L9-16.  

Imagine if after your next recursion your XM bar started at 3,125 and increased 1,150 with each level increase up to L8 and then increased 1,625 with each level until L16. When you reached L16 after your next recurse your XM bar would be 24,000 and would fit 3 C8’s (well if it were totally exhausted, which very rarely happens; but it’s less wasteful to use 3 C8’s if your bar were between 23,000-24,000 than if it’s between 21,000-22,000.)

For implementation the 125 XM boost per level wouldn’t stack after multiple recursions (or maybe add that later). Each new recurse would start you at 3,125 XM as a L1. This would not only incentivize new recursions, but also getting back to L16 post recursion. The 125 XM bump per level was chosen as it’s 2,000/16 but it’s certainly not the only option.

• Can It be L8 again directly if I do recursion with 41, 200, 000 AP?

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread has been brought back up and it seems @NianticScot bookmarked it a while back. Has there been any further thought on this @NianticThia ?

(Appreciate there may not be, as this thread was started in 2019, before you arrived, and you may not even be aware of it.)

• I'd like my double-onyx medal wings to be visible to others - without having to show all my stats.

For double-recursed, a triple-onyx indicator would be nice. And so on.

Also, a medal should pop up when you hit double onyx, etc - like it does when you earn bronze, silver, etc.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I've requested a feature, 'friends'. Add friends, make stats private except for friends.

But I'd rather see all bugs fixed before features added... :x

• Hello

One benefit that should be given to a recruited agent is to increase the number of missions to send. We all know that the current limit is

180 but I think it would be great if for each recursion this limit can be extended (30 for each recursion for example).

This would be an award to the prestige of each agent appealed

@NianticCasey @NianticOfficial

Thanks

• I think recursion would be more of a challenge (and more impressive when people keep recursing) if you had to get double badges for your first recursion, triple badges for your second, and so on. Then people would NEED the quarterly challenges and annual badges. And it would encourage people to try different parts of the game / see the world in a different way.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

you need 7 gold medals for l13.

you couldn't do more than 5 recurse then ?

I’ve seen discussions on this again in other places and as @NianticScot (though not around since 2019) and @NianticThia have been tagged in this one a few times I thought I would use this one to bump it rather than another new post.

I know that other core features have been worked on instead such as KCaps, task based system and such. Is it possible to circle back to these discussed benefits?

I have recursed once but there doesn’t seem to be incentive to do so again.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The hardest thing has been to apply an even playing field with any benefits from recursion. It currently acts as a prestige system that is completely optional.

• IIRC @NianticScot was the Product Manager before @NianticBrian took over, so make sure to tag the right "Person In Charge" 😁

Ah makes sense. Wasn’t sure of Scot’s role or if they were still around.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

They would need to add a skill-tree to make recursion benefits somewhat relevant but i dont see that happening really.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the most logical skill tree was applying any of the 13 archetypes (Omniscient, Explorer, Dreamer, Alchemist, etc) with a recursion. That hard part is how to apply a specific benefit for each class?

For instance, if the task system is a glimpse into it, maybe whatever archetype would be your focus:

• Explorer - Visit x number of new portals.
    • Interpreter - Successfully glyph hack y number of L4+ portals
    • Listener - Interact with various portals for media.
    • (this is also making me think what to apply to Second Sunday)