Account terminated, yet still in system?

Greetings,

During this week in my local community, we got reports of several agents (Enl & Res) getting the notice of “Account Terminated” when they tried to log in. Yet when we ping them, their accounts are still visible and in the system. Was there a change in how banned accounts are treated by Niantic? Has anyone else had this experience?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031689/uploads/275/85DH7T6IEBXJ.jpeg There was an error displaying this embed.

Comments

• Most agents in our community didn’t get their accounts terminated. So, we haven’t got that experience :-)

• I'm actually curious about this. Seen some suspected spoofer accounts go completely silent recently after reporting but still in the system. No change in ap for weeks. I thought at most maybe suspensions (if anything) but this introduces a different possibility.

• Niantic has mentioned that some banned profiles may still be visible.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have a question about that!

Can a banned agent whose profile is still visible gain AP from external actions like, for example, accepted portal nominations or IFS AP reward?

• ....no idea. Good question though!

• Interesting question, but what would it matter. Let’s say a banned account is still visible, and it then receives the AP for a First Saturday. If it’s banned, the player still can’t play it. It’s dead regardless.

• Because it would be a change in ap, and when trying to determine if an account is banned or not, that matters. Basically the reasons iBotPeaches mentioned. Its better to have a confirmed agent is no longer in system message and avoid any confusion.