New Richmond Cyclone Removal Appeal

Category: Invalid Portal Report

Title of the Portal: New Richmond Cyclone

City: New Richmond, WI

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: I am appealing the removal of a portal that I believe to be a valid wayspot as it is very culturally significant to our town. I do not have a rejection email.

Photos to support your claim: I have attached images to support my claim this wayspot does exist.

Hopefully I am submitting this correctly as this is my first time for appealing a wayspot removal.

The New Richmond Cyclone was recently removed as a wayspot and nobody in our town knows why. As you can see from the photo (and Google Maps if you look) this object does exist. It is a large sign in Cyclone Park that tells about the tornado that tore through the town on June 12, 1899 and how the town rebuilt after the downtown area was destroyed by the F5 tornado. It even ranks as the ninth deadliest tornado in United States history. This is very culturally and historically significant and our community believes the wayspot should be brought back into Niantic's games. As a side note, it has safe pedestrian access as it is in Cyclone Park and there is parking along the street for Cyclone Park.

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

After looking at the street view, it's clear it was removed because it lacks safe pedestrian access. It is on a street with no sidewalks or other foot paths nor are there any crosswalks nearby that allows access to the median.

• But it does have safe pedestrian access. The entire area around it is cyclone park. You can walk that entire grass area. It’s no different than a playset in the middle of a park surrounded by grass. There is crosswalk access on both the north and south end and parking access along the entire west side. How is that not safe pedestrian access?

• It quite clearly does have pedestrian access from all sides. You can easily cross a street without a pedestrian crossing, look both ways.

• No pedestrian access? seriously? It's a public park. How do you suppose the public get to the park?

• Appeal Denied- Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Portal.

• On what basis do you stand by your decision? The wayspot meets all requirements.

• ninthnomadninthnomad ✭✭✭
    edited November 30

Just wait a month and resubmit it m*te, their decisions rarely make sense.