Thoughts on Vocational Colleges

JSteve0JSteve0 ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Wayfarer (Archive)

This location has been rejected twice. The second time the reason was generic business.

Here are my pros for this being a valid wayspot

1. It is a nod to education, has educational value
  2. It is publically accessible
  3. It is for adults (>18)

Con - It is part of an education system that includes 6 campuses in Utah and Idaho. I don't think this really is a big deal. Utah State University has several satellite campuses around the state and those are readily accepted. Some of the USU satellites are in **** malls and office complexes.

I have also submitted a locally run hairstyling college. It was rejected, I have submitted a second time, but I am awaiting review results.

What are thoughts on vocational colleges?

Comments

• I just looked up the top one and it's a non-for profit accredited college. Might need to direct to their webpage in your submission statement. Two vs four year is arbitrary in my opinion.

I don't hold much hope for the second.

• I think I will link to the wikipedia article about it and the main webpage in the supporting info.

• My thoughts? 4* minimum, for all the reasons you mentioned. Bump it up to 5* if the college is named for a notable figure in history (local history or otherwise).

• 2 year vs 4 year sounds like a very arbitrary distinction to me. Private 4 year christian colleges that won't teach geology, paleontology, genetics, or dance for "religious" reasons aren't somehow more valid than 2 year community college with a bigger campus, longer history, and better library.

Go for a walk around a 2 year college campus built before 1960, and try to say it's not as good as a 4 year school in a mall.

• Post-grad education gets my 5 stars every time.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally believe all educational facilities should be valid so I'm disappointed with the recent answer to my question about dance schools/art classes/martial arts places.

But still, trade schools should absolutely fit into criteria. I don't understand why it wouldnt