Appeal removal of St Matthew’s United Methodist Church portal

A valid portal was removed from the network and would like to appeal it’s removal. It is St Matthew’s United Methodist Church located at 600 Walker Rd, Wayne, PA 19087 USA. (40.0812612, -75.4219541). I am on staff at the church and know that the church didn’t request it’s removal from the network. It has been a portal for years prior to its removal yesterday. There have never been any problems with its presence on our property. There is ample parking and pedestrian access to the portal itself. The portal’s presence never interfered with church operations.

Comments

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone complain about it being a pokestop or gym at the church? I think Niantic may be pulling portals period if they get any complaint about any of the games and have valid reason to take action. Also is the portal in question within 40m of a single family residence? Could have been a home owner who complained to niantic and they removed it without asking any questions from the church.

• We received no complaints about the portal. The church is in a residential neighborhood (as are most churches) but the exact portal location is over 40 meters from any residence.

• AnlashokAnlashok ✭✭✭

That wouldn't necessarily stop some Disapproving Debbie from complaining to Niantic about how "them durn whippersnappers with their portals and their pocket monsters are making a mockery of My Hometown Church".

• Appeal Accepted- Thanks for the appeal, Agent. After reviewing the additional evidence provided, we’ve decided to restore the Portal in question.

• Thank you for investigating the situation and restoring the portal. Our local Ingress, Pokémon GO and Wizards Unite players will be extremely happy.