Will NL 1331 be back in the US in 2019?

We had 2 California and 3 Midwest stops, now I see Europe dates. Will the van be back before 2020?

Tagged:

Comments

• MaktoMakto ✭✭✭

No love for for North America. We broke it

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It makes me wonder why they tier the badge. If they made it more than Ethan doing the series, it would have more availability. The US "tour" was what - 7 places?

• TrinityPrincessTrinityPrincess ✭✭✭✭

It usually comes back in the fall after the European tour... It's been doing this for over 3 years now.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic tiered the NL-1331 medal (and other event medals, like First Saturday and GORUCK medals) because foolish people kept asking them to tier the medals, and not enough smart people pointed out how much stress tiered event medals would cause.

There are now agents who won't sign up for events like First Saturday or Operation Clear Field because the medals are tiered, and they don't want medals that would take so damn long to get to black. (The anomaly event medals basically need 5-7 years of going only to primary anomalies, every anomaly.)

I think there are 2 lessons to be learned here:

1) Agents need to stop asking Niantic for medals. It's dangerous.

2) When agents ask Niantic for stupid things, other agents need to publicly disagree. People get caught up in stupid notions like they shouldn't "hate on ideas" or "be negative." That's ****. When people make suggestions to Niantic you disagree, you neeed to let Niantic know. If Niantic only hears from agents with bad ideas, then bad ideas get implemented.

So, I implore everyone reading this: When you see suggestions in this community that you disagree with, disagree with them here. Niantic needs to here from you!

• BunnyPrimeBunnyPrime ✭✭✭

I've managed to get 2 non-tiered and 2 tiered NL-1331 credits in almost 4 years. If that rate were to continue, I could get onyx in 48 years! It is just silly.

We haven't seen NL-1331 in the Pacific Northwest of the USA in quite some time, and even if Ethan came back here and did a few stops in the region and we played **** following him around, it still wouldn't get us very far.

I doubt many agents fly somewhere JUST for NL-1331, it is not like an event like an anomaly or mission day which actually involve gameplay (other than hacking a single portal). Sure, if it was attached to an anomaly or other event that they were going to anyway, but many anomaly events don't have NL-1331. I'd probably drive a few hours like I do for First Saturday events (for those I'm willing to drive up to about 2 hours each way, typically, preferably less).

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

@XK150 Who was asking for this? Never heard of people wanting this, much like when news of it came out that people didn't see the need for the tiers.

Oh and I have been providing that exact feedback in every survey they have been sending out almost every 2 weeks. Public disapproval was well known for this. The question is was Niantic listening?

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GridEXE I saw it requested a lot on G+, when new tours were announced, especially on NL-1331's page.

Similarly, requests for tiered GORUCK medals often appeared in GORUCK/Ingress forums. (GORUCK even created a "tiered patch" program in response -- bronze patch for doing an event twice, etc.)

The common argument was that tiered medals would encourage more people to repeat events. I attend an above-average number of NL-1331 and GORUCK events, but I don't think it's helped attendance much.

(I think there's a hidden lesson in the fact that many requests appeared in the parts of G+ frequented by the events' biggest fans: When gaming companies only get feedback from their most devoted fans, they risk agreeing to stuff that alienates the mainstream.)

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭

I saw this and just shook my head.

Just make each badge unique and people will naturally want to go to the events, but it won't punish people who only go once in a while.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some new U.S. stops for August were added to the Event list today. (Also, some the Mission Days added are Mission Day + NL-1331.)