Ingress Year Seven: Resurgence

Comments

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

So... the price of frackers was increased because there were too many frackers. Now everyone gets a free fracker. 🤦‍♂️

Brian specifically said the price was increased to reduce the number being used.

• I 100% remember this, but they're also not going to have an item for sale and hope that it doesn't sell at all.

Ergo, doubling the price to reduce the number being used worked too well?

• They’re probably not used to something of theirs actually working. ?

• The word "Woman" has "man" in it. Maybe that's a different man, too?

• LincexyLincexy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Hey @NianticBrian

Could you add the double onyx (onyx with wings) to the medal tier?

For agents with double recursion or more.

• A birthday badge is not something you can level after the fact. Adding recursion wings to it goes counter to the criteria the badge is awarded for.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

everyone gets a free fracker anyway? I got one when I started?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

But those events require travel, are limited in additional AP you can gain and of course only a few hours monthly. The anniversary (celebration) should be something that would increase over time, not decrease. Traditions should be kept alive.

See, if the playerbase increased in the past year, we would be okay-ish. But it is decreasing, which made the double R8 deploy more important.

Ah well.

• Yeah, travel is an issue in terms of FS, though I think to get any real benefit from 2x AP you'd still have to travel to somewhere that is portal dense. For rural players that would still require a commute to a city.

They're definitely acknowledging the tradition and I think they've expanded upon it this year. The daily bonuses are new and easier than acquiring and inputting passcodes.

The feedback on Prime has mostly been positive and hopefully Prime will regain any lost players with time. Many players that stuck with Prime have now gotten past the transition issues and are enjoying it. Fingers crossed because I'd really like to see the game continue to succeed. :)

• Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Recursing Wings would be a good idea if it shows how many times the agent reached L16 in that currently year, because the Onyx Anniversary bade is about achieved L16, indeed.

Ex.: 3 times reaching L16 in 2019 or (November-November) then it would show x3 in the onyx anniversary medal.

Edit: That would be the difference about a Regular L16 and the Recursed Agents. I think if every tier is for distinct levels, then Recursed Agents deserves it because Niantic replaced the idea of input new levels when decided to introduce Recurse ability.

• I disagree. The birthday badge commemorates your lifetime achievement at the time the badge is awarded. If wings were to be applied, then it would have been applied for each iterative of 40mil AP, not with each recursion.

Wings are earned on badges that have ongoing stat tracking. If you want wings per recursion on a badge, then have Niantic apply it to the Simulacrum badge from the second recursion onwards ?.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

No wings on the anniversary badge at least means I don't have to rush to get 12 million AP in the coming week.

Wings on the recursion badge is expected behavior, weird they didn't implement that.

• I think you didn't read the example.

It's for reaching L16 not for just tap Recurse button.

• I do not want to be salty, I love the game, but this year 7 event is kind of disappointment, i have been playing since 2017, on my first year it was 2 weeks, i could not play it at all because of pogo(lame i know), last year it was only 10 days, but i managed to finally reache L10 on the event, last year it was pretty cool, because I could deploy 4 mods, I wont complain about not being able to deploy 2xR8 because we have a xFac Farm, but this year only doing the event 7 days because its year 7 its so disappintment, I had plans to recurse this event but now it would be insane trying doing the AP to reach L16, with 10 days i would make it. And not only for 3 extra days, but because I would had 2 weekends insted of only one. And now the plan changes because I will try it, perhaps I will request some day off at my work, becasue I have been playing hard on the lasts weeks and months to reach L16 this Ingress year.

About the AP yes, we have IFS(I managed to get over 400k on November IFS, It's 800k free AP) we had some 1.5AP on 3 hour window some days and the 1.975 AP for Wizard United launch. But seriusly, those events are not guaranteed for next year, only IFS if you manage to get your local people.

The rewards are pretty good, I wish this could be the start of some weekly rewards, kind of pogo daily tasks, so we can get some other stuff to do, other than cheking intel and driving to an anchor and destroy it.

• Get the ENLonators within IngENLs from the ENLtock portals. I hope my ENLponse to your question will help you.

X.

• Yes... Lets celebrate the year ingress died

#AbandonPrime

• Wow, y'all still play Ingress??

Ingress Prime doesnt work on so many of our phones, so many of us just had to stop playing. My local community just dried up.

What's the user base looking like these days, Niantic? Please consider bringing back scanner redacted. I know a lot of people that would pay to be able to use it again.

• It would be absolutely hilarious if a VRLA was included on day 6, because you know VR gear. 😂

• Correct. It has always been 2 weeks long. It makes sense if they are making it 7 days long... Because you know... 7 years.

• Well this is the silliest thing. It is a game, it is fun. There is so much going on in the world it seems ludicrous to get offended by the fact that a word has certain letters in it.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Thank you for the double AP and goodies.

Worried about my recursion plans. So many recursed agents seem to be a bit mellow after recursing my intention was to do some mighty fielding. And push back right into the scene.

I have been using frackers ti get gear. but i 'm unable to secure a fellow agent to assist with the mods. I was expecting 4 mod deploys. I feel for this reason i have wasted money purchasing a fracker pack.

Please reconsider the mods.