What can be done to increase number of portals in Africa(and other places)?

Im currently on holiday in Cameroon. The country got less than 20 portals. Only one portal in the second largest city Douala.

Naturally lots of potential quality portals here. But I think both OPR/Wayfarer agents with this location and players submitting nominations are bottlenecks.

Hopefully addition of the pogo player base can help in addressing the issue, but I doubt it is enough.

I would hope that Niantic would consider increasing the range of current, home and bonus locations in areas like this to help out with the bottlenecks in the review process.

Here in Cameroon I got the local nominations in Cameroon plus an handful from Chad. The distance of what I got when visiting Brooklyn for the anomaly seemed to be greater than what I get here in Africa. Shouldnt it be opposite to get more things through here in Africa?

Comments

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

I would love to help out with reviewing in Africa, however, the current system only allows me to change bonus locations, every year which appears to be a waste if the number of portals to reviews is minimal.

• Yes, that is the problem. Bonus location range is not big, and very small number of nominations within that range(and low turnover in Wayfarer).

• Recruit local people. External reviewers help to some extent but most of the work has to be local to succeed