Remove or change behavior of safety popup
edited November 2019 in App Feedback (Archive)
This popup now appears after each and every launch of the app.
- It requires additional tap exactly on OK button to get rid of it. This takes time, which may be really precious in this game,
- It appears every single time. Why would the developer think I'm stupid enough to not understand this from the first time?
Let's recall how it was on Redacted.
- The tap was required only after login, and not during each startup of the app. This way it was relevant and meaningful, instead of clutter. And during 3 years of playing, I have only been required to tap it half a dozen of times.
- It was placed on loading screen, meaning the game does something useful (loads itself) while you take your time tapping, The way it's made now just takes your time (again, clutter), without any justification, showing the same repeating messages again and again.
Please either remove it or make it the way in was on Redacted.
Niantic is required by court cases to include the warnings.
The same warning popups exist in their other games without problems. Stop acting like a child.
I'd say proposing Niantic to give further consideration for alternative ways to implement this with better user experience design while still satisfying lawyers is completely reasonable. Very few features are so perfect that they can't be improved further, why would this be one of those?
I don't know which law it is connected to(i'm not from USA),but isn't it enough to make warning just like in Redacted,even add a tick "yes,i understand",and then to show floating warning which will remove without pressing "Ok"?(or as it is intended in game - just by pressing anywhere on the screen).
Or is it nessesary to show this warning in any country of the world (i am not sure,this reminds me about chat warning "you are playing too long please consider taking a break" in some games,which is nessesary in some countries,but not in whole world ofc).
Also,if Prime will not FC each half an hour this warning will not be annoying thing,so i'll just wait when memory leaks will be fixed.Hope they will :)
And the last one thing,this notification is shown in English and Prime is half-translated to system language. So it's not so effective as planned imo. In Redacted warning message WAS translated(it was only one text not few like now,but...)
Sometimes you need the extra 1 second to interact with the game, especially now with the slow startup in contrast with reducted version of the game.
Maybe a startup screen to accept all messages with a checkbox - don't show again - would be a solution to confirm a player accept all warnings and agree with the company's safety rules.
They can't do that.
Part of the settlement for the PoGo case was that they agreed to have a warning everytime you start the game.
They are legally required, in PoGo at least, to display the message everytime the game starts.
Its been added to Prime to forestall any similar legal issues.
It’s an unfortunate necessity due to the ‘caution, this beverage is hot’ generations.
What's legally required in one country is not legally required in all countries.
It is standard across all their games. deal with it. You'll get used to it.
Maybe not, but surely you can undertand why they have done it ?
Why they have done it, yes. How often and how intrusively they have done it, no.
You folks are gonna be in for a ride awakening when they figure out how to add the "you're going too fast" warnings.
Yep it was quite annoying bs in HPWU too
It's no more intrusive than in PoGo or HPWU. But Niantic is required to have users acknowledge the warnings each time the app starts. Not sure how they can meet that requirement in any other way that would satisfy you.
1) It's intrusive in the other apps too.
2) Who 'requires' this? I've not seen any proof of such a ridiculous requirement, and I'm not aware of any organisation with the power to apply such a requirement worldwide. If there does indeed exist some worldwide games dialogue regulator that suddenly decided to require this after 6 years, then I would like to go talk to them about switching to a more effective system.
3) If the objective is to get people to be more aware of their surroundings, then this design will not just fail, it will make things worse. It's an added distraction that causes you to be less aware, and the over-repetition will just teach people to close whatever pops up without reading it.
> and the over-repetition will just teach people to close whatever pops up without reading it.
Already got used to not reading whatever is written here. Really shows how ineffective and waste of time that is.
Agreed, these pop-ups are so annoying. Just show them on the loading screen and don't force us to click OK every goddamn time. This app starts slow enough so I guess the players will have plenty of time to read all the safety tips during the loading lol
Now the startup message just vanish in some seconds