Pokestop Submitting & Niantic Wayfarer to be rolled out to ALL level 40 Pokemon Go players next week

Looks like this as the big post-AMA announcement this time.

If you're part of your local Pokemon Go community, now might be a good time to start educating.

Comments

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

My community is going to submit so much trash and no one is going to review 😭

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

https://nianticlabs.com/blog/nrwp-update-110619/

“This is going to be launched for Pokémon GO players next week,” Niantic CEO John Hanke told a handful of reporters at a press gathering yesterday. “So worldwide people will be able to submit and rate and review these locations."

Post edited by GearGlider on

To whoever disagreed with me, I'm a Pokemon player and have talked to my community. When wayfarer was released only 3 people cared to do it and many tanked the test to be funny. Soooo this is not a bias against PoGo players. It's knowing my community.

I just really really really want that 40m clarification before it goes live because apartment complex pools are getting denied left and right where I am already and that's just from Ingress players. PoGo players definitely aren't reading old AMAs for the PRP definition.

• s3w2s3w2 ✭✭✭

It could take time but those players will realise that their +30 submissions aren't going nowhere with just a few reviewers.

The only way to get them approved is by getting them on the reviewing seat. You'll see!

• RyuuVanDracoRyuuVanDraco ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Bind allowing to submit to Wayfarer work. Like, bind the limits of queued submissions to it. :x

7-14 queud submissions for free.

1 extra for 100 accepted/rejected ones, limited to 7 in 14 days.

Or simply give attractive ingame loot. Like 1 egg incubator for 150-200 reviewed submissions in Go. Dunno what's attractive in the other 2 games.

Do that and you get a shitton of people doing work.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Just spent 2 hours writing a in depth submissions guide for my PoGo Server and found a newly published reviewing guide.

@AgentB0ss would you be willing to share your guide? With this news I’m planning on updating mine.

A new one on Wayfarer? I'm not seeing it!

I made the mistake of going on Reddit the other day and found a user claiming that anyone saying PRP means single family homes is a false prophet so my blood pressure needs a break if it's there. I'd love to see yours!

• I'd really like the upgrade issue to be fixed before pogoer get access to wayfarer globally.

edited November 2019

@GearGlider @Kliffington

I originally designed it for Discord so might be a little clunky in Google Docs. I tried to use line breaks for each separate post I did on Discord. Some concepts are obviously more advanced then I mention but I wanted to keep some ideas simple. Feel free to change/edit anything you want.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11AJF9AqAyHslvmng4oI1BsrMulo_pMrfufm0ChdiNAc/edit?usp=sharing

Quick Edit: My List of suggested Nominations is fairly basic and obviously could use additional suggestions if you want to add any.

As far as a good basic review guide:

Added the below on my discord as well:

Why Review?

Reviewing helps yours and other people waypoint submissions get approved. If everyone submits and no one reviews then we are back where we started with no new Pokestops or Gyms.

Are there rewards for reviewing?

Yes! They are called upgrades! For every 100 agreements you get 1 upgrade. From your nomination list in Wayfarer you can select which Waypoint to Upgrade Next. If no Waypoint is selected the upgrade will randomly be applied.

If you have zero waypoint nominations you can stack up to 10 upgrades to be applied later.

What exactly is an “Agreement”?

When your analysis of a nomination ultimately aligns with the decisions made by other Wayfinders, whether the nomination is approved or rejected, you will receive an Agreement. Agreements are currently shown as “Wayspots Created” and “Wayspots Rejected” on your Wayfarer profile page.

Note: Reviews of Wayspot Edits are not counted as Agreements.

Should I just approved everything?

NO!!!!

Your Wayfinder rating is based on how well you are rating. If you improperly rate your score could go into Low rating which may negatively impact your ability to review and submit! Make sure to always review as accurately as you can.

What is a 1 Star rejection?

1 Star means is a rating saying this should not be a waypoint. When you click 1 Star a new prompt comes up and asks:

Why is this an ineligible Wayspot nomination?

Select a reason:

Wayspot Criteria

Photo

Text

Abuse

Each of the above categories has additional drop downs.

• what about ingress players? i still cant review, the button for take test still grayed out😡

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

My local community has voters already lined up from the glitch and others willing to take the test. Not to mention requests have been posted on local chats for months for local parks so I am expecting less of a cram to get the same playground etc at most local parks. Not to mention we have voters who play both already.

Haha, that’s my reddit post. They gave me edit access to the wiki so I could write More for the subreddit. Let me know if there’s any input I should add to the wiki.

edited November 2019

Wonderful now I can s t a l k your reddit page and secretly judge you. (JK)

Seriously fantastic work on that. I linked it to my Discord and then posted it out for people.

Thank you both @GearGlider @AgentB0ss

• Since submission has been rolled out for a country near me, I've seen a large uptick in duplicates. I feel bad for the Pokemon Go players who are taking the time to submit good candidates with ample documentation, only to have those submissions rejected as a duplicate only because they can't see they're already in place. Are there any plans to provide a view of "invisible" portals (those that never appear in Pogo due to proximity or cell population) into the Pokemon Go submission process? Right now, they only way these players can see those wayspots is to create an Ingress account and use it to access Intel. Having a view built in to Pokemon Go would save time for those trainers as well as reduce unnecessary backlog in the reviewer queue.

• Dazzz12345Dazzz12345 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

It would be nicer if niantic just opened up the same cell system as what ingress and wu use. Would probably stop a lot of move edits.

Post edited by Dazzz12345 on