Portal that become hard accessible/dangerous gym

Local community wants hereby fix situation with crucial portal, that turns Gym in Pokemon Go. Local community already photo up-voted close portal with sidewalk, parking and busstop area. We ask for gym modification but it was rejected. This gym is terrible, there is no sidewalk and often there are regular buses going both sides.

GPS: 49.363938, 18.834416

Map with StreetView: https://goo.gl/maps/E8nXkfyFsDNGV29A6

Our agents are ready to submit portal again after it will be removed.

Current position of portal (gym) https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=49.363366,18.834064&z=18

New recommended position for new gym https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=49.364456,18.835963&z=18

Thank you 

🙏

Tagged:

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2

First, where is your rejection email? You must must post a copy of the email rejecting your invalid portal report. Otherwise, the appeal is invalid.

Second, if the portal is removed for lacking safe pedestrian access, then you should not be making claims that you will resubmit it later. This directly contradicts you invalid portal report and make it clear that you are just gaming the system, which Niantic will likely take action against.

Third, whatever a portal is in Pokemon Go or HPWU has no baring on whether the portal meets the criteria for removal. Portals are only removed if they meet the criteria for removal.

• Ah, thanks you asking, this was an answer from Niantic Support:

"Camren

May 08, 2019, 22:33 +0200Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

The Gym "Pamätný Kríž V Blazkove" is connected to the Commemorative Cross. We are happy to collaborate with the owner/director of the property if there is an issue with this location in the future.

Best,"

~

Okay no adding later

~

This is part of the problem, because there is often situation when portal is okay as a pokéstop (you can't have there long interaction), but terrible wrong gym in Pokémon Go, when you risk to fight and leave there pokémon for 15+ days.

Should be changes for good of all.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to add a screenshot of the rejection email.

It does not matter if it is a pokestop, gym, inn, greenhouse, fortress or the fountain of eternal youth. That is completely irrelevant to the Ingress community forum. It is a valid portal and there is no valid reason to remove it.

• panfolekpanfolek ✭✭
    edited November 3

This is not a rejection email that is sent in reply to the in-game ticket.

• So where can I forward our needs about Pokemon when I was rejected from Request modification or removal of a PokéStop or Gym several times?

This is what I offer to Ingress community, I'm agent level 10 so I can add portal again. After you delete it and another (better/safer) pokéstop became gym, I personally add deleted portal again back on very same location.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3

Either the wayspot has safe pedestrian access or it does not. If it does not have safe pedestrian access, then it should be removed and no new wayspots should be submitted in its place. If the wayspot has safe pedestrian access, then it should remain so long as it does not meet any of the other criteria for removal. There is no conditional safety. Just because you wanted a more convent wayspot to be a gym instead of this one is not a valid argument to remove the wayspot. You just have to deal with whatever Niantic's systems chose to utilize the wayspot.

• It does NOT, it's risky to go there during a day by walk because of cars and especially buses, also in night because of cars. There is NO sidewalk. I'm playing Niantic games 4 years and I walk there just two times even place is in our town. After I won gym there I was there 15+ days. Except christian people who actually just care about cross, only very bored people risk to walk there, also Ingress players. You can have a look on street view: https://goo.gl/maps/E8nXkfyFsDNGV29A6 please do.

Portal should be removed even it's a nice place of warship, but on place where is not worth risky access.

Thanks.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

So people can actually walk there.

• You can walk anywhere if you really want... But it's challenging only if you take a risk. But there is no problem with portal itself, problem is that portal become gym in Pokemon Go and we were rejected several times by Request modification or removal of a PokéStop or Gym so this is the result why I bother here with this case. And also bringing solution because there is no way to efectively report dangerous/hard accessible gym.

Do you think that I rather spend time asking you for help if there is no reason, or playing game in potentially dangerous area?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

You are missing the point. If the wayspot does not have safe pedestrian access, then it should be removed regardless of whether it is used as a gym or a stop. There is no unsafe access for one but safe access for the other. If accessing the gym is hard, well, that is your problem. There is no requirement for gyms to be easily accessible, accessible to all people, or accessible at all times.

• There's nothing wrong with this location, niantic games are designed for walking.

• sigh 😔

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

We have some gyms in our area that are difficult for a group of people to raid at. We don't raid at them, that's the solution. You can't say it's unsafe and then at the same time say you will resubmit it to become just a pokestop.

• Invalid Appeal - It looks like we haven’t gotten to this request yet or it hasn’t been submitted via Prime; at this time, we only take appeals to overturn decisions we’ve already made.