Things I would pay for in Ingress
@NianticBrian Asked for some ideas for monetization. On the Portal Hunter Club, I said how we have been giving Niantic ideas basically since Ingress started. I can tell Brian really cares about the game and the community. I can't remember a time where Niantic came to the community and said help us make something you really want. So here's my list for all of you to pick apart and dissect. I don't know much about the amount of time it would take or how these ideas would be worked out in the backend. I'm not a game economist, so I'll let the smarter people figure out if it should be a one time, or a subscription. I just want to provide a listing of things I think if I was Brian, what I would want the team working on.
- Advanced stats/competitions like The Grid
- Medal/mission rearranging
- Unique character badges, or other type of badge for supporting, as another person had suggested.
- Pay for Ito-En Transmuters. Those are time savers like frackers. They should be a paid item, in my mind.
- Ability to pay for old badges from past eras (maybe they have a different color scheme to indicate they were purchased after the events.
- Avatars like Pokemon Go? Maybe with a cool cyberpunk look instead of a cartoony look of pogo. Special edition items for anomalies and such
- If you're going to do buffs, make it cool, but not pay to win. For example, you level them up separately from AP. You could purchase accelerators. I know those are in a lot of mobile games, and too much of that cheapens the experience.