Ingress should now be running normally. Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this unplanned server outage.

Hack output should not darken the entire left side of the screen

Device: Pixel 4

App Version: 2.33.1

After hacking a portal, it's understandable and well to darken the background behind each item as it’s displayed on the left side of the screen (contrast is a good thing!). However, darkening the entire left side is a bit much. If my screen were to have a stroke, that's what I'd imagine it to look like. It's disconcerting, especially if I look away for a moment in between completing the hack and when the output starts to appear.

Comments

• Agree

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭

+1. I don't think it's necessary for it to be dark at all - it never was when the hacked items were in the middle of the screen (or not that I noticed).

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭

This is still happening in 2.39.3, and I still find it just as disconcerting and annoying. 😝

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23

As far as I’m concerned, this issue was addressed by the following change in 2.40.1, which I rather like:

UI: Hacked item animation loads in all three vertical slots to show hack output more quickly

• HydraulinskiHydraulinski ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually when I upgrade I experienced a bug that wasnt showing this shadow (I tought it was the new default) and it was horrible. The itens looked transparent and displeasing to watch.

But I agree that it is a little bigger, and feels like I'm loosing visible area. But it was worse in previous versions (or I just got used, or its because every slot is occupied now).