6 portals on a military base

hello we have already reported several times 6 portals located on the air base of salon de provence in the bouche du rhône in France, so far from niantic, no response, yet according to the regulation, gates in military zone are forbidden. this is a problem because a player uses them and hinders the game of the other players that they play normally and in the rules I leave you the gps point of the base and the name of the portals while esteeming that this time, it will be taken into account, thank you .

point gps base aérienne militaire de Salon de provence 43° 37' 23.736" N    5° 6' 44.302" E

portal paroisse st jean , portal fontaine du cigalon , portal cloche paroissiale , portal turbine d'avion à réaction , portal le mirage 3 , portal monument arche .

Comments

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

They're allowed on military bases and don't meet removal criteria. Just because everyone can't access them doesn't make them invalid

• LeChourmoLeChourmo ✭✭
    edited October 31
    WewillremovePortalsfromIngressforaveryspecificandlimitedsetofreasons:
    There’snolongersafepedestrianaccesstothePortal.
    ThePortalobstructsorinterfereswithEmergencyServices’abilitytoperformnormaloperations.This includes,butisn’tlimitedto,firestations,policestations,hospitals,militarybases,industrialsites,powerplantsandairtrafficcontroltowers.
    ThePortalisnotapermanentinstallation.Thisincludesseasonaldisplaysthatareonlyputupduringcertaintimesoftheyear.
    Theyarenaturalfeatures,includingpicturesoflandscapesaswellassubmissionswherethesubjectisalake,river,stream,mountain,volcano,waterfall.Notethatphotosthatincludeman-madepointsofinterest-plaques,signs,etc.-nearnaturalfeaturesareacceptable.
    ThePortalishasbeenpermanentlyremovedorisaduplicateofanexistingPortal.
    ThePortal’sreal-worldlocationappearstobewithin40metersofprivateresidentialproperty.

support ingress ... inclued military bases

• It's illegal in French for the military to use application with gps.... ok I can to fired the player who play with this portals...

• Really?!

authorized on a military base? it's a joke? the secure access is not there, if we try to get into the base, at best we are stopped, where then we get ****, I let you imanginate the rest, niantic refuses police stations and hospitals while these places greet the public, a non military base, or is the equality between the players? players had to do 300 kilometers to break the link that started from this base, risking his life on the road because a player uses portals that are forbidden to the public is just anti-game.

to finish this military base is also a school for military, so no such portals should not be allowed.

Yeah, really. No one is making you attempt to get on a base where you are not allowed to play a game so if you decide to trespass and get **** that speaks poorly of your decision making. Taking away portals from people who live on base because you can't get to them isn't very fair either. I looked at a few and they seemed to be in a communal area and of memorials and such so not in a dangerous place for those who are allowed to be there

edited October 31

Yeah, really. No one is making you attempt to get on a base where you are not allowed to play a game so if you decide to trespass and face trouble that speaks poorly of your decision making. Taking away portals from people who live on base because you can't get to them isn't very fair either. I looked at a few and they seemed to be in a communal area and of memorials and such so They have safe access to the people who are ALLOWED to be there

Some of the many AMA responses about restricted access portals although I didn't grab all the military base ones these still apply.

Q1: O S - Why are portals on private property allowed? Private corporations, military bases, etc. are content that an average agent is completely unable to access that can directly affect their gameplay with control fields covering them or links blocking them. They should not have to play at a disadvantage.

A1: Portals on corporate property are allowed because restricted access is not the same as private residential access. The people that can access portals on corporate grounds are doing so legally as they have access to the location. It would however, be considered trespassing in many areas of the world for anyone other than the property owner to access a Portal on private residential property. What you are referring to as a disadvantage is normalized globally.

Q70: Adail Horst - What do you think about portal candidates located in internal area of residential condominium, with access restricted to local residents and their guests? What do you think about portal candidates located in internal area of companies, with access restricted to her workers and their guests (i cannot join to the area without company authorization and the company not allow join to play ingress...)?

A70: Not all Portals need to be accessible to all Agents at all times. Think of it as an opportunity to make new friend.

Q51: Aaron Breen (Breenzy) - How is Niantic addressing portals and then fields made from restricted access portals? Many agents have quit and slowed down play, especially newer ones because of these large fields that can't be dropped, and needing to wait for the faction who put them up, to take them down. Do you consider such portals within the spirit of the game?

A52: I’m not sure I understand the question. Restricted or limited access Portals may be valid Portals if they meet the criteria of a Portal. There is not a requirement that every person be able to access a Portal. Both factions utilize these types of Portals globally and they have been part of the game since earliest days. Therefore, I don’t find them against the spirit of the game.

W4Q24: +Shabeeb Mohammed There are portals available in hard to access locations (having portals in corporate spaces which require gatepass to access is not against the TOS).. Such portals are a great advantage for the faction players who are lucky enough to work there.. The problem is the other faction start complaining and escalating to Nia ops etc seeking for portal removal.. What is your take on this..

W4A24: My understanding is portals on commercial property are allowed, this includes apartment complexes. Portals on private residential property are not allowed. The issue is one of access. If the player controls the access and can categorically deny everyone, that's not fair. If a hundred people have access but only one is an Ingress player... well... that's an entirely different situation

Q32: Aaron Almeida - Is a single building apartment complex a public space?

A32: This is a very vague question and would require more information to give an informed opinion. However, generally, they are not considered private residential property.

Q158: aza rine - Please clarify "community gathering area" meaning in terms of OPR.

A158: A place where members of the community can gather outside of their homes. A congregation point with something Portal worthy at the location. I don't understand the over analyzing of this topic besides people being unhappy that an apartment complex has a playground in the middle with a portal they can't access are upset about it. People need to stop over analyzing things and making mountains out of molehills. There is really too much in life to legitimately get worked up about beyond whether or not you can access a playground portal or not. I wish people would devote 1/10th the energy to a charitable act that they do arguing about playgrounds and military bases in Ingress.

• Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We took another look at the Portal(s) in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time.

• Nothing Answer....

Just a bot Who say the same chose.