Portals removed under innapropiate behaviour

These three portals were reported by an Ingress and Pokémon Go player after an argue with another player. He has reported portals massively around the city trying to bother the Pokémon GO community in Málaga removing gyms in Pokémon GO. After having achieved deleting these three portals out of thirty and being asked about his behaviour, he had threatened us to continue reporting portals randomly even if they match with the portal criteria (and he had also insulted us).

These three portals had been in Pokémon Go as gyms or pokéstops since the beginning of the game. I don't know how long they had been portals in Ingress. I understand that some portals may be removed if they don't satisfy Ingress portal criteria but in this case it has been done as a way of annoying a big group of people who didn't know anything about the arguement until portals disappeared, so we would like that the removal would be reversed.

• Category: Removal Appeal
  • Title of the Portal: Politécnico Jesús Marín
  • City: Málaga

Building where adult people can learn a job.

Photos to support your claim:

• Title of the Portal: Escuela Infantil Tres Reyes Magos

Graffiti showing The Three Wise Kings

• Title of the Portal: Casa Seta

House entrance with mushroom shape

Best Answers

• Shockwave0072Shockwave0072 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I can’t reverse anything only shed light on the opr rules what could be portals and what’s against the rules...

Your other ‘problem’ with a player that is harrassing the community you have to contact nia about that player and how he behaves....however removing a portal is normaly not achieved by only one player and if so he/she has to make a post on this forum of his request got rejected to get it removed...Nia does not make portals dissapear that easy it takes more than only a simple report.

Answers

• Shockwave0072Shockwave0072 ✭✭
    edited October 29

The first Looks fine but the second one, Escuela Infantil Tres Reyes Magos, is a valid removal...it’s a kindergarten wich is a no go for portals according to opr rules.

The location you give for the third portal, Casa Seta, on google maps directs also to a kindergarten and again a no go according to opr rules...

• I understand but the point is that removing those portals is giving the reason to someone who is promoting harassment against players in Carranque zone, in Málaga, where he's reporting portals right now with the aim not of removing incorrect portals but annoying Ingress and Pokémon GO community from that zone (yesterday two new portals disappeared, one of them being 1 meter away from its original position) for no reason. His behaviour is against the rules of the game, being abusive. So, in order not to feed the troll that's why I ask you to reverse the removal of the portals.

• Multi accounting? Do edits and removal requests from low level accounts have the same weight as high level accounts? And given PoGo players will have half a dozen accounts as normal...

• OxiliumOxilium ✭✭✭

Stop crying because niantic removed portals against the criteria.

• OxiliumOxilium ✭✭✭

Sorry but I don't agree with you. 2 of 3 portals were against niantic criterion. It doesn't matter who report them.

I suggest to review the location of other portals in Málaga, a well know city by the high quantity of fake portals that appeared recently.

And of course, enjoy ingress.

• This is inaccurate. POIs are absolutely being removed now after one single report. I’ve done it myself, as have many others.