Mew Island Lighthouse removal appeal

RudeRoloRudeRolo ✭✭
edited October 25 in Removal Appeals

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=54.698603,-5.513521&z=11&pll=54.698603,-5.513521

Mew Island Lighthouse has been a portal ever since I started playing ingress and from before I'm led to believe.

It was removed tonight from the scanner and this is extremely disappointing.

Many agents have paid money to get a boat to the public access island that it is situated on.

Please consider putting Mew Island Lighthouse back on the scanner.

Post edited by RudeRolo on

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no way for Niantic to identify the specific portal. You must provide a location, in the form of an intel link or Google Maps links to the location. Also, just because a portal has been around since you started doesn't mean that the portal was except from the criteria for removal.

• "Many agent have paid the boat man money to turn his head the other way as permission to land is required yet never granted"

• @MrBurtman you do acknowledge though that the owners of the island have said that no member of the public has access to the island, therefore going to the island would be trespassing?

• From that very fake looking screen grab above?

I've seen more convincing spam emails in my inbox than that hastily cobbled together image!

• @MrBurtman this email too?

• Same could be said for this one

but it’s still there

Don’t know how many times it’s been used as a blocker or bag anchor.

1. There’s no longer safe pedestrian access to the Portal.

------ There is safe access to the portal, evident by the numerous ENL and Res agents who have visited it, Either by Boat or helicopter landing zones.

In the email above the owners of the Island have stated that they do not allow access to the island for health and safety reasons. That the landing and approach to landing is dangerous

• https://www.ibiblio.org/lighthouse/nirl.htm

This website gives information on all lighthouses in Northern Ireland and whether or not they are open or closed to the public. If you scroll down to Mew you will see it says closed.

• Pedestrian comes from the Latin pedester meaning "going on foot"... therefore pedestrian doesn't include helicopter or boat.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Portals do not need to be accessible to the public or at all times, so that would not be the reason why it was removed. The only reason is if the property owner asked Niantic directly for it to be removed from their network.

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

Yay another game of let's play Ingress outside the scanner and through reports!

• Heads up, you can drive to and on that island 🤫....it also has a population, pub, post office, shop and various other public facilities, check it out sometime.

• Regardless of whether or not there's a portal at Mew lighthouse, it should remain white if it is re instated. The public do not have permission to be on the island, therefore any agent going out there will be trespassing which I believe is against the tos of the game. The owners of the island have said they do not allow access to the island.

• The email also states they do not allow access to the island. Nowhere does it say that you have permission to access the island via helipad. The Commissioner of Irish Lights clearly do not want people out on the Island

• TeckanieTeckanie ✭✭✭

I have flashbacks to the 'griend' (https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/1822/portal-takedown-appeal-vogelwachtershuis-griend/p1) discussion here (only mostly roles reversed).

When the owner of a property doesn't want a portal on its lands, it should be respected... (especially if flora/fauna arguments also apply) I also remember something with Niantic being in a lawsuit about portals on personal property and such which they have to oblige no matter what our opinions are.

Still, the weaponizing of moving or removing portals is also an issue...