Removal appeal

PinkFloyd05PinkFloyd05 ✭✭
edited October 24 in Removal Appeals

I noticed today that this portal has been removed.

This portal is not located in the school grounds (argument probably advanced by the one who asked for its removal) but on a wall that separates two parking near of the school (see satellite view beyond) and with secure access (There is a sidewalk).

We are many to have noticed that all the disappearances of portals of the sector are the fact of an ENL player who is the only one to have passed near.

Please could you reconsider the removal of this portal and restore it ?

Thanks a lot

Post edited by PinkFloyd05 on

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

The wall is part of the pre-school grounds. Anything on the wall (doesn't matter which side) is likewise on pre-school grounds. This was a valid removal.

• PinkFloyd05PinkFloyd05 ✭✭
    edited October 23

No, you're wrong.

The wall separates two car parks, a large car park north of the wall and another south of the wall, crossed by a street (that also runs along the school on the right) where cars parked on either side of the street are seen (with red places for disabled)

• Here are in red lines the limits of preschool grounds (first image) and a street view to show the crossing street (second image)

• And another street view in front of the preschool :

• I believe the rule of no portals on K12 schools applies on the GROUND not the buildings, so this portal was removed correctly, because even if its the parking lot, its still in a K12 school property.

• PinkFloyd05PinkFloyd05 ✭✭
    edited October 23

It's surprising because this portal was located across the street, so there was no reason to remove it.

On the street view, one can see the wall (the portal) on the left and the preschool on the right, separated by the street.

The street is public and not on the ground of the preschool.

In this case, all the portals in front of the schools should be removed, isn't it ?

• Interesting situation, at first one would say school grounds.

But on further inspection using streetview it appears to be a Public Road indeed, there are even mandatory driving direction signs directing any traffic over that road in front of the school.

To be absolutely sure one would need to review official Cadaster/Land Registry records I think...

• This to me seems clear enough that the K-12 rule does not apply after reviewing the given good evidence by the appealer.

So I think the portal should be reinstated.

• vke123vke123 ✭✭✭

+1 for restore

• Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Portal.