Umbra Antwerp 1488 agents 1409 hacker

@NIA

pls. explain us the difference.

Comments

• DrThodDrThod ✭✭✭

79 with AP gain (?) but no hacked portal.

Difference is likely:

Rechargers

Registered but didn’t show

You might think it is ‘easy’ to count - but in reality there will be cases like that.

Looking at older data - 5-10% of zero hacks is normal. I have somewhere a screenshot of 0AP at an Asian anomaly which ranked astonishingly high in the AP rank if I remember correctly (2-3 years old - could have been 89th percentile from memory - would need to check that one out but too lazy to dig deep into my files).

i always felt these players dilute the score - even if Niantic doesn’t count the top/bottom x% - good they seem no longer to be counted.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Players who claimed free onsite ticket maybe?

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

I'm seeing agents posting results on Instagram, and I haven't found any example where the two numbers match. Maybe it's a side-effect of the technical problems, or maybe it means something.

Sacramento had 608 gain AP, 585 hacked.

What's stranger to me is that Brooklyn, Newcastle, and Guadalajara have more hackers than AP-gainers! The only (non-bug) explanation I can think of would be agents who only hacked same-faction portals.

Possibly, we're discovering how many people show up just to get the medal and don't really participate. (Or worse, we've discovered how many medals go to spoofers flying under the radar. If I worked at Niantic, I'd be looking more closely at those accounts.)

Brooklyn: 737 gained AP, but 771 hacked.

Newcastle: 283 gained AP, but 325 hacked.

Guadalajara: 428 gained AP, 433 hacked.

Post edited by XK150 on