Wayfarer account banned

Wayfarer account is blocked due to ban Pokemon go accounts. I have not played Pokemon since 2016. Ingress never violated community rules. Are there ways to restore Wayfarer account? I have 4400+ OPR Agreements and 140+ Portal Discovered.

Comments

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

Changing your ingress account email may be the only way? Have you reached out to support?

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

Its very very very difficult to change your ingress email account. They often simply won't without some significant reason (an old work email etc).

As suggested all you can do is contact customer supports and plead your case. Since Wayfarer is now being linked I thinking any suspensions or banned in either game is going to affect Wayfarer.

Alternatively you could also plead your case to Niantic pogo department, see if you can get the ban lifted if it was unjust. If you where cheating well.....

No it's not. You link it to Facebook, unlink the old email and add a new email. That's how we got locked out of OPR but it's fixed now. Not sure if doing this will help circumvent the ban though.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

My mistake, I was quoting from my own experience when I started in Original Ingress. I didn't realise they had brought in that ability (probably when Facebook login was integrated I assume).

He could attempted this, and give it 24hrs to update

• BrisherOTBrisherOT ✭✭
    edited October 2019

In my gaming community there is an agent with the same problem and the worst is Recursion with more than 24,000 points of coincidence ( Double onyx Medal in Recon), And he has this problem is unfair Niantic. He could have been wrong in the go years ago but he puts effort to the ingress and I am sure that the portals that he has contributed to approve are worth more than what Niantic has done for the community.

Psdt: Sorry, English i not my first lenguage

• Hi, I have more than a year evaluating which adds 45,000 requests analyzed and 25,000 points in a medal and double onyx now with that problem of ingress or pogo synchronization is affecting me it is unfair to have a large contribution in this community and they only do this

• Any updates?

• PoGo support don't help me.

• A ban in ANY Niantic game will lock you out of Wayfarer, You done goofed.

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

wayfarer seems to be prioritizing pogo over ingress, that perhaps is the reason of why you are banned, until they finish this beta you wont be able to change that, so that is why they cant do anything apparently, i mena new lvl 12 ingress accounts cant even take the quiz

I wonder if people with banned ingress accounts are locked out from using their PoGo accounts too?

• The account is related to the login, not the product. If they have separate accounts for PoGo and Ingress, then they would be independent. If they use the same Google or Facebook account for both, then both are banned.

Yes, sorry I phrased that hastily/incorrectly. Lots of Ingress players have come forward about their bans from PoGo affecting them. I have not seen many PoGo players complaining about an Ingress ban when I went looking on Reddit. I'm curious if it's affected as many people the other way (likely not but I'd have to keep checking reddit to find out and I don't like those forums)

• There's probably far fewer people getting banned in Ingress and level 40 in PoGo. All the people I know of who got banned after making an Ingress account in an attempt to review or submit, levelling through nefarious means, did not use the same PoGo account.

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

still on beta remember anyway...who knows what resolution will niantic come...or perhaps this is how will stay, nobody knows, remember ingress bans used to be instant in pogo you have the 3 strike policy, if you get banned in pogo you mustve really deserved like if you tried hard and didnt learn, in the start of that game only bots and third party logins used to get banned most of the times, so who knows what this guy or others did

while in ingress we just had introduced the 3 strike policy, so no more instant bans, but in the past many legit users were banned from nothing and support didnt even help at all, ''you are banned, created new acct'' and the guys were like ''but what did i do?'' ofc he coudlve done something or not, but that ambiguous answers and zero communication was a ****

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, turns out I have a ban on an old Pokemon account too. At the time (early 2016) I never got word about why I was banned. I know I was scraping gyms to get my pokemon in, but didn't care about the game anyway. I started playing Ingress more than a year later and have been playing for almost two years.

Fast forward to today. I can't use Wayfarer anymore. People are blatantly cheating in Pokemon and breaking TOS, even this sponsored grandpa with 200 phones. Right now, you get three strike rules for your actions, meaning that my actions in Pokemon back then wouldn't even result in a ban today.

I've asked NIA if this is something that is being looked at, but got no straight answer. This is one limitation now put on my account, so I can't use wayfarer and my 4000 OPR points are the max, so I'll never get that badge to platinum or onyx. Kind of makes me worry about the future of my Ingress account. Because I wasn't "smart enough" to use a new e-mail for Ingress, other limitations might be put in place. What if in the future I can't access events, maybe can't submit portals anymore?

Right now, there is no way to get around this, probably. I hope that NIA will take a look at the infringements and maybe take some of the details in consideration.

• does anyone know how to see my pokemon id i don't remember 2 years have passed
    it's Gmail account
    it's true what you say help me

• How were you able to delete your PoGo account? Emailing Niantic help? If so, which email did you contact, and what did you say?

• Tried to delete my pokemon account, says that a security flag has been placed in my account

• I don't remember my game id from my Google account Pokémon account now that I can do I don't remember it

• NinjakahnNinjakahn
    edited October 2019
     this is the problem of support
     id game nickname is worth 
    more than your email

•  I am in the same situation, 

gold medal 4200 valid portals about 30 

created in the neighborhood and blocked 

because of 2016 pokemon that I did not play

• ZeroZeroZieteZeroZeroZiete ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Why is somebody being punished in a game because the actions of another game? yeah he was banned in pogo so what? that has nothing to do with ingress in some way because are different games/places/actions/etc no matter if it has the same email that is because some people dont like to create 10 different emails for different games just like me, same applies if you are banned in ingress but not in pogo, you should be able to enter wayfarer because you have atleast 1 active account in that email this is like if you receive a wow ban in blizzard games and they dont let you login to bnet ever again for play sc2 or d3 or if you get banned from dota 2 in steam and they dont let you play cs:go or other games you bough, makes 0 sense

i supose somebody should be able to work out this by just changing the emails, so i wonder if that would work for people

in the other hand i still cant take the test and start reviewing, the button still grayed out

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayfarer isn't about Ingress either, but it is about expanding and improving the waystop database.

• ZeroZeroZieteZeroZeroZiete ✭✭
    edited October 2019

wayfarer is ingress/pogo/hp, created by submissions and reviewing, if you compare this to blizzard, wayfarer is bnet while ingress is sc2, pogo is wow and hp is d3, you shouldnt lose wayfarer access because the action of 1 game while having another 2 games active and running, because with the other two games you still creating the wayspot database

the only reason to lose wayfarer access if your actions in there break the tos of the wayfarer database, like deny valid portals or accepting invalid portals etc, just like you could lose your submission access in lets say ingress for sending portals about your couch in a constant times

that is what i think and believe, creating 3 different emails for this 3 different games is bad so you shouldnt try to ''force'' your customers to do that because they will have what niantic is trying to avoid, to them have multiple access hence multiple accounts

in the other hand and most important thing to me, still waiting for the wayfarer to be opened for lvl 12 new agents

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭

why were you able to pull that off and others couldnt apparently, what means security flag?, same would apply the other way, i think you werent banned and you had somekind of bug that didnt let you log in or something because makes no sense why the support would just delete your account but not from other people so they can help them to join wayfarer i mean in the end you still have eligible access with one game/account

and @ZeroZeroZiete you cant compare niantic to blizzard/steam, niantic is years away in all aspects from team size, communitcation, logistics, support, knowledge, years in their own market, etc however may be not that far anymore in money? who knows pogo has a 3 billion revenue this year so far dunno

but remember, stuff in beta so may be next year something could be done like unbanning you from the other games and give you 1 strike, i mean if you were banned before the 3 strike policy, then you have 2 strikes left, ofc unless you did something heavy i supose