Suggestion - Decrease AP needed to level

This post is to Niantic for the players that are left.

Suggestion: Reduce AP needed to level at higher levels (14, 15, 16).

Reasons:

1. I attended the Sacramento anomaly. It's apparent the user base is quitting and/or the game is dying. Easing the end game goal of recursing may keep a few of the lowbies around to spend more money to fund Brian's next Tesla.

2. For those of us living in rural areas - not all of us trot around the bay where portals flip constantly - some of these portals are waited out weekly to die. Reducing AP may help cut back on people creating opposite faction alts to take out the portals.

3. Niantic may have given up on the Ingress player base (see Wayfarer and countless other examples this past year), but that doesn't mean the players have given up on Niantic. Reducing AP may help keep a few old timers around to recruit newcomers to keep this sinking boat afloat.

4. This has been done before, so theoretically shouldn't take much to adjust level requirements again (cost effective).

Just a few ideas to toss into the void while waiting for last weekend's medals to appear.

Comments

• My apologies, my suggestion did actually come from a good place. I'll play nice :)

Is it the general consensus to sit back and whatever or use the community forums to provide feedback for Niantic?

• I would say just the opposite. I got the badge requirements for L16 shortly after hitting L12, but there's absolutely no chance I'd ever grind to 40 million AP. If anything the badge reqs for the final levels needs increased. Even 4 Onyx is easy with Recharger, Translator, Recon, and Sojourner.

• Sure, why not?

All these other sudden and unnecessary changes have gone over so well.

• I'm newer to the game and am 7.5 million AP with two gold. Close to Illuminator and Mind Controller though. I also don't find Prime any worse than Redacted. I started in June, but made my account years ago.

AP is easy. Medals aren't if you're as rural as me. My playstyle is definitely Cargress as the nearest portal to my farm is 15km away. I just make outings of playing Ingress in the evening. Making AP easier is going to leave me medal bound even worse than I am now.

• No. AP is easy. Seriously. I recursed Sunday night and have been playing casually and am level 7 already.

I am enjoying watching the AP tick up to the next level though.

• Yeah, it's always "the end is nigh!" by someone. As long as I've been playing it's been like that.

• I hope that new levels are in the works. I'm currently on my 3rd recursion (purposefully flipped factions to make myself not rage quit Prime before I can flip back 😂) . Really the only benefit to recursing is the VR gear that no longer dupes in quantum caps and bragging rights. Not much of an incentive for the casual player base..

Perhaps new levels with perks like a bigger circle of play, increased inventory space by as little at 5-20 items per level?

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

I would definitely like some more inventory space. But you recurse because there is only a tiny downside to it so you may as well.

I would rather perks, so instead of AP you unlocked a perk if you have say 5 platinum badges etc. That way instead of people just going after AP it would encourage people to work on different badges

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

Geez they have some odd words that get your comment pending approval, needed to reword that 3 times

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think Recursion was ever supposed to an "incentive for the casual player." It's a pat-on-the-head for the committed lunatics.

• Honestly, I fee like the lack of an actual “End Game” goal would make it so that players that achieve level 16 will quit out of the lack of other things to do. So by making the level requirements lower, people will finish quicker and therefore find nothing else to strive for other than quitting; which is the issue your argument is trying to end.

The high AP levels encourage players to participate in events such as anomalies and First Saturday events because of their need for AP. I know many players who hit level 16 and no longer participate in FS events because they see no point (unless they’ve recursed but we can go on about the lack of incentives to recurse).

• I ve got over 136 million lifetime ap. Grind grind grind. It's good fun 👍

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

If the OPs goal is to make the game more playable in areas of low activity where you have to wait a week for decay and then re-field then making things decay faster seems to me to be a better solution than lowering AP to level.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

-- posted in wrong thread --

• You absolutely get it. I use frackers to take down my own BAF anchors lol