Recon Badge - Changes with Wayfarer?

As you need a Google or Facebook account to login to Wayfarer, which can be linked to both Ingress and Pokemon GO (and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite), will this mean changes to the Recon badge?

Will stats carry over to a new badge for Pokemon GO players? I use my Google account to login to all three games, will my Recon stats carry over to a PoGo badge if one is introduced?

Will the recon badge be changing in Ingress? It specifically mentions Operation Portal Recon, but still updates with stats from Wayfarer reviews:

I'd suggest renaming the badge "Wayfarer", but at the very least updating the badge description. This could be:

Made beneficial contributions to Wayfarer and the expansion of Niantic's network of wayspots.

Comments

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

No no no leave the badge alone......atleast till I hit Onix lol

• Perhaps anyone who earned at least bronze before Wayfarer was introduced could keep the badge exactly as it is now, anyone who started reviewing after OPR was retired could get a badge with a different name and description?

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

They've changed badge designs and descriptions before, I don't see why they couldn't just change the name.

I do hope they make a new badge though because I have Onyx and I'd love to have a new badge to work on.

• Dont change it, not everyone has it on Onyx, I would defintly stop reviewing ig they retire the current medal since i am on Gold now and I dont want to start over.

• JayCeDJayCeD ✭✭
    edited October 2019

I think the smartes thing Niantic could do, would be saying OPR Badge ends on day XX.XX.20XX. So some peopople would try to get the next Level of the Badge before it ends -> temporary more reviues.

And After that they bring in an new Wayfarer Badge. And the badgeadicted will do some more reviews.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this,

I missed out on a lot of now legacy badges because of how abrupt the announcement of their end were. It would give people a chance to rank up the badge.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt a new badge will be made. I can easily see OPR moving to Wayfarer - a simple change that Niantic can do to update the wordage.