Feature Request: accept MD missions from all past MD events in a city

Sacramento had two mission days this year. one in May, and one in October.

At the October MD, POC would only accept missions done from the October set, and DID*NOT accept missions in the May set.

This caused much confusion, and for no good reason. Many agents did not know, or were given the wrong map, and turned up at checkout only to be told that they did all that walking for nothing. This is not a happy experience for anyone involved, especially folks who might be new to the game, or have difficulty getting around.

Missions from MD past are still "carefully curated to showcase an area". There's no good reason not to include them in the group of allowed missions in new MD events.

This will have to happen eventually. Chicago now has three sets of MD missions. Imagine how confusing it will be a few years from now...

This doesn't even involve scanner or backend changes, just a little common sense and niceness from the POCs checking people out.

Comments

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, if you did the May mission day and hadn't done any missions since then, you could just show up to the October mission day and claim you'd done them. :-)

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

This would actually make Mission Day (unfairly, I think) easier in cities that hosted multiple mission days, because it would mean there are twice as many missions to choose from, so players would probably have to travel less.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

While this is understandable, I have found that often it it rather quick and easy to do just 6 of the mission-day missions. So with a check in window of usually 3hrs it's just unfortunate some might have left it till the last minute.

Ps while trying to be understanding I'm just a little green eyed jealous you had 2 in the same year

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think the goal of MD is to be "hard". I think the goal is to showcase aspects of the city. A curated mission is a curated mission, and should show off the city just as well if it were created 6 months ago or 1 month ago.