Missing email confirmation of subs

Comments

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

submitted a portal last night got email instantly and did one today and it was delayed a few minutes. I guess they are slowly fixing it.

• The system used in redacted was better never had a problem with it.

When will they learn if it isnt broke dont fix it. Niantic support is very condescending and never admit it's there fault.

• If we need "better connection" even though the client says Submission Successful, maybe... just maybe, the problem is not us.

• When submissions originally came out on Prime it took about 30 minutes for the confirmation email. More recently when edits got added it has become almost instant. However since the launch of Wayfarer things have been all over the place. One I submitted yesterday took 26 hours for the confirmation to come through, and I have seen numerous reports of missing pictures and corrupted pictures.

• I submitted 1 candidate on 10/17, 2 candidates on 10/19, and 4 candidates on 10/20. I received no e-mails for them. Only 5 of the 7 are currently showing up in Wayfarer, all with the submission date a day after their submission.

Based on your responses, I suspect the other 2 are lost. Quite unfortunate as they are nowhere near where I live.

• SvardodSvardod ✭✭✭

This morning I received email confirmation of my missing nomination. So some how the nomination was stored in the system for a week and then finally went through.

i checked and it is in Wayfarer also. The submission date is listed as today.

• slalomzslalomz ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

I submitted 3 on the 15th that are still missing. Still don’t have the submission slots back but they’re about to hit the 13 day mark by now.

• Same issue here. Submitted 14 and only saw 7 go through.... Come on Niantic..

• 14 days later and a missing email for a submission finally turns up 🤣 better late than never !!

• slalomzslalomz ✭✭✭

I submitted two yesterday and only got 1/2 confirmation emails now over 24h later so it seems like this unacknowledged issue is still ongoing.

• 19 days later and the email for the submission turns up!! 🤣 as the poi is already in game I decided to withdraw rather than see a dupe and thanks to the person that found it 😊 hopefully the problem is fixed now ?

• I did finally get the confirmations for my renaming 3 missing submissions from October 15th. But now I’m still missing one from the 29th. Maybe it will be here in another 2 weeks.

• s3w2s3w2 ✭✭✭

I have complained to support about 2 missing emails from yeasterday and got the following reply..

I have reviewed your submission and can confirm that the submissions made on November 04, 2019 was successful. When the review is complete and after additional processing, you will receive the notification on the decision made on the Portal.

We will share your inputs regarding not receiving the confirmation emails on submissions to the relevant team. This is a known issue but unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for a fix or any other updates at this time. If any additional information is required, we will surely contact you. Please keep an eye on our official social pages for any updates.

Which is fine.

The problem is that I sent the 2 submissions with poor descriptions and statments on the spot since I wanted to improve them on my laptop. I can't see them on the sent notifications at WF and have no way to edit them.

• Another missing email for a sub done on the 15th October just landed in my inbox 😂 . Already done a re-sub - accepted - live in game .

Strange thing is that it’s not showing in wayfarer under new sub ?!? 🤷‍♀️

• for me the wayfarer page updates on the hour with my recent subs :)

• Well, four months and three days later I finally got my email confirmation!

Now to withdraw it as I resubmitted and had it accepted months ago. 😂

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

A submission I made in early November just finally posted, after I updated to the new 2.40 app version just released. It does not seem to have consumed any of my submission slots.

I had assumed at the time, having not received the email, that I had simply had an accident during the submission process and canceled it or somesuch.

Silly me had neglected to take the photos outside of the app for once, and so no remote resubmission was possible, even if I was ever within 25km of the area later. A lesson I learned the hard way anyway since. And at least now I should be able to pull down copies of my photos from the Wayfarer website.

• So... they tried to fix one thing and broke another?

Nominations accepted are now not coming through to ingress...

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

There is also reports of emails coming in that were from nominations that were already submitted and approved a long time ago and were not submitted a second time last night from fellow agents in my area.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Can confirm a nomination I made in August that was stuck in the upsidedown world finally came through last night after updating my app. I had already resubmitted this a week later because it was never received(per Niantic Support). Luckily I caught this now duplicate nomination and had it withdrawn before it ate an upgrade.

• I didn't update my app yet (I don't have auto-updates turned on) so I would say the timing between app upgrade and this occurrence is coincidental. Must've been something server-side.

• Yes, I received a nomination confirmation mail today for a nomination from 19. September 2019 in South Germany. The nomination was already in voting and rejected a few months ago and I never resubmitted it.

• @NianticCasey what in gods name is happening here

• I still haven't gotten that confirmation email from October 29th, any day now... All my nominations from November are still stuck in queue / in voting as well, even the upgraded ones.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

If you have nominations you upgraded in November that are still in voting, @slalomz, tag @NianticCasey in https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/8919/update-on-wayfarer-upgrade-delays#latest thread.

I'm currently at 15 nominations that were upgraded between November and January. Niantic Twitter Support says they're in voting and upgrades mean a more timely review. Over 2 months with upgrades seems like a stretch, so I'm hoping that any minute now...

• tagging @NianticCasey didnt work. i didnt even get an reply

@rodensteiner

@NianticCasey has been MIA recently when it comes to anything on the Wayfarer chat. We still never even got an update about the last wayfarer problem thats still persisting.

Now people are not getting emails for approvals, approvals not showing in game, new submissions are in some situations sending out multiple emails.

So thats 4 problems going on right now and ZERO word from Niantic.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

Approved way points from Pokemon Go showed up at the daily sync time but are still not in ingress but a ingress submitted portal approved this morning was on the intel map in my area this morning shortly after email was received this morning.

• Hi folks,

Sorry for the radio silence on this, it looks like there is some trouble in the backend that is blocking some approved Wayspots from going live on the backend.

It also looks like this is what could be causing the email issues @AgentB0ss, the emails for approvals get sent out once the associated Wayspots go live.

The good news is that the team is looking into this today so hopefully we'll have a resolution in the next few days.

Any updates on the Upgrade issues many users are facing with upgrades still stuck from December and early January?