My local opr revieuwers can't read

I received today a mail that said my portalcandidate was a private residence. I nominated this place already 15 times, and everytime i did in the description i wrote it was inhabitated from 1620 to 1730. In january 1998 it became a protected monument... i once added a link with the official declaration of its status as protected monument(before i knew links were a big no to accepance)

Nobody lived there since 1730. Theres no water or electricity inside. It was the house the community reserved for the priest, and was build next to the church.

Comments

• Is there a plaque or information kiosk? Just looks like a building. Remember the picture is the first impression and if it screams 1 star that's what many will go for. Path of least resistance. Make them have to look deeper.

• Looks like a generic building tbh. If it's a registered historic landmark, you CAN include links in the SUPPORT statement.

• OGMagusOGMagus ✭✭✭

Well, it isn't that they can't read, it's more like they don't believe you. 15 times? Wow - can you at least find a web resource and paste that in ADDITIONAL info?

• ZaltysZaltys ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Yeah, that's a good idea. If you can find something like an online news article about the place, try adding the url. So far that has always worked for me when renominating tricky portals.

Could use a better supporting photo, too. Though I can see that the hedge limits the options a lot. Maybe one at the entrance, to show that there's no mailbox?

• The plaque is located at the church, the church is already a portal and from the plaque i received the mail that its to close to an existing portal

• I included the site but it was still in redacted. Do additional info was not there yet. Afterwards i read that adding links was an automated rejection so i stoped doing that. Thanks for the info

• just to let you guys know, i added this link in support after your comments https://inventaris.onroerenderfgoed.be/erfgoedobjecten/84534 its an official site from my governement, stating that since 14-09-2009 its restaurated, and its a protected monument since 14-01-1998. a brief history of the building is also available... and (like i said before, my local opr-agents can't read) it's rejected once more for being a residential building

• First, I'm insanely jealous that you're getting reviewed that quickly. That link would solidify a 4-5 star vote for me. I would make sure your title is good, mention it is a registered historic landmark in the description, and add that link in the submission statement. I'm not sure why reviewers would reject it with all that.

• I did all that,.... but today i got another submit denied also becausse its on residential property,.... i feel like i'm getting unfair judgement. 3 km further anything gets accepted, even if the temporary exhibition sign is on the photo