Suggestion/Compromise for Digital Readiness Packs
Perringaiden XM Ambassadors › ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in General
While the store is a great way to receive instant medals, the gear is not always needed at that moment, and often is used to give other people gear for Ops etc.
Idea: Instead of giving the gear directly, when you buy a Digital Readiness Pack, you receive a single slot Restock Capsule.
- Sits in the Powerup's section like frackers.
- While not opened, it takes up 1 slot only.
- Can be traded, either by dropping or gifting via codename.
- Multiples can be held.
- When opening the capsule, if you choose to remove anything, then you receive everything.
- Capsule cannot be opened if you are item capped, but can go over cap when opening.
- When opened, the Capsule disappears (or you could leave a normal capsule)
This provides a game item that is essentially a passcode. Until you open it, it doesn't take up (much) space and when you do, you get all the items. Can be traded and if possible, "gifted" to another agent by codename, similar to sending a passcode via chat.
Given that these are generally limited purchase items at anomaly times, people could save up a few and use them when they go on an op if they need gear etc, just like codes.
I like this idea very much. Also, the fact that you actually get to see what's in the capsule before redeeming is wonderful.
Perhaps leaving a normal capsule after using it could get to funny bugs, but if you exclude that, I think it would be a pretty easy thing to build up.
You could even come with a new capsule design!
I like it, although I would like it if the character badge was then a seperate container, such that we can give it away independently.