Store Idea: Portal Submissions

BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

100CMU per portal submission? Maybe if a portal is deemed to close we can get if refunded as well. This would be on top of our 14 fortnightly subs.

Comments

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

Why not? You pay just for one more additional attempt and nothing more. Community decides if portal worth to be accepted or not

• DerNarfDerNarf ✭✭✭

It would be better if the OPR´ler would get 10CMU for every match as in-game currency.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

That kind of begs to ask what does OPR Live really provide? I did it before and liked the ability to fast track my submissions and talk to OPR mods but always felt there was something that could be added to it.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

I was about to post the same thing. A submission does not guarantee an approval or prevent removal if it doesn't meet the criteria.

Personally I would be happy to pay 100 CMU for all submissions if there was a way to earn it in game, like there is a way to earn virtual currency in the other games.

• Sure, I guess. Would have to wonder if it'd be able to be abused, through. If you buy $25 worth of bonus subs, you could really flood OPR for an area.

A $5 equivalent for a paid upgrade once every two weeks seems better

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

I think buying submissions is not a good idea.

I think buying upgrades is also not a good idea, but like 75% less of not a good idea than buying submissions.

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Just buying submissions, no guarantee, and only get a refund on portals which are approved, but are too close or duplicate to go live.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if Niantic makes it clear that you are only "paying for a single submission", that isn't going to prevent people insisting that they "paid for a portal" and therefore cannot be removed. I just rather that those of use who vet appeals and Niantic's appeals staff not have to put up with the headaches this will generate.

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

If people want to argue against terms of service, thats on them.

• If I am going to pay for something opr related. It would be for a appeal. But cost would have to be relative to the amount of feedback. Like 5 dollars for a paragraph or two. Or a dollar for a yes or no. Also if the appeal is successful then the reviewers either need their performance adjusted and or get informed what was done incorrectly.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

I suggest not to buying submission, but buying a "reset" for when you end up all you have, but have to wait 14 days to submit more. Being able to buy this reset will help a lot for times like during a travel in a area with none or very few, you would be able to help that community and fill the city.

It can be something that you can buy just once a month or something like that, to prevent abuse.

When there was no limit, I made a travel a spend 2 days wandering the city making submissions, and some even get approved in the same day.

• Portal submissions are the one place where Niantic is certainly extracting real value from Ingress players in building and maintaining a data set they use to develop games and have marketed as a platform, if anything they should be paying players for this services (like maybe not real dollars but CMU even in small amounts seems reasonable). I get that they aren't making a ton from the store based on the super erratic pricing modeling lately, but they should attribute revenue from their other games platforms to Ingress for the portal network development work.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

Spoken like someone who doesn't have to deal with the people arguing anyways