Sooooo. The booing at the Amsterdam Abbadon Afterparty...
Yeah. That was some statement the players made. I get it, I used redacted only during the anomaly, and here's why:
- The whole scanner is blue. I'm ENL and I'm a little offended every time I use Prime.
- The XM bar is blue
- The map has a blueish hue
- The glyph screens are blue
- The text and buttons for menu's are blue... Anyway you get it.
- The Gaussian blur around the edges of the screen, doesn't add anything
- The visibility of almost everything on the scanner
- Resonator visibility (yeah this kind of needs a special mention). In Redacted you can see at a glance if a resonator is missing. In Prime I can't see $%#! Resonators and the lines to the portal disappear all the time.
- The pictures in the scanner (flame effect)
- XM visibility (In redacted missing XM is a sign of activity, in Prime I wouldn't know if someone has been around...)
- The glyph screen. It's all blue, but glyphing feels different. Maybe it's the thin line, but something's just off.
- No "nearby" portals when there are none on the screen but some in the vicinity.
- The hack results. They come by in slow motion. I glyph complex, and gear flashes by at simple speeds. The fact that the result screen needs a tap to be dismissed is also annoying.
- The inventory
- I like the idea of the carrousel but please dumb down the graphics. The additional layers are not adding anything. It makes determining the rarity of an item at a glance near impossible.
- I'd like to see the actual item a little smaller and use the additional space for something else.
- Capsule management is not really intuitive. You have to load/unload and the press cancel. This would suggest the load/unload didn't take place, although it did. (I would suggest having the button change from cancel to done when you have made any changes to the capsule and want to exit that view.
- Let us have the possibility of selecting all of the selected item.
- Why would we go to empty capsules first in capsule view. I'd like to have keylockers first again, as they're the go-to capsules for almost all players.
- Remote portal view. The loading time of portals, links and fields is too long. It can sometimes take up to 20 seconds to display all information. (Also, why is everything blue?!)
- Netcode overall. It seems having the scanner resume from background can make loading the area take a very long time. In some cases it can take up to half a minute. In that time frame I can re-launch the game altogether.
- Game startup time. This needs to improve drastically. Especially if it's not able to reliably run in the background/sleep mode. Redacted launches in 7 seconds on my iPhone 8, Prime takes 18 seconds. Longer startup time would be acceptable if it means it can run in the background without any issues. Having notifications is no use if you can't act on them in time ;)
- Portal keys
- When a portal key is selected from the inventory, you can click the key icon to enter remote portal view. When a portal is selected, the key icon cannot be used to enter remote portal view. This makes "Portal hopping" impossible.
- When a portal is fully charged, you cannot select the player profile from the resonator screen. It will try to upgrade the resonator, making it impossible to view the player profile from that screen.
- Font size. The comms/activity/alerts screens should have selectable font size. There is also a lot of white space.
- Launching bursters. Everyone that has fired bursters at 20%, knows when to release the button. In Prime, the circle doesn't react the same way. When you have it exactly on the right spot, you're just too late.
- Recent updates have made linking faster. However, it also makes it unreliable. The lines jump all over the screen, fields are generating 0 mu and when you look at the intel later, several links will not have been thrown. I like where it is going but for reliable linking, I use redacted.
I hope we can make Prime a viable replacement before we retire redacted. And it has come a long way, but it's far from done.