Trekker changes in store now that [REDACTED] is no more?

With the end of Redacted, is there any chance the game mechanics in Ingress will change to track km walked in more of the PoGo way than in the “walk 50km and get credit for 1 or 2” way they’re tracked now? If so, can we get a heads up before it does? I’d kinda like to get to black on Trekker under the old school rules and I’m pretty darn close.

Comments

• In pogo, it's a toggle on and off in setting. You don"t have use it unless you want.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Even when adventure sync is off, Pogo counts distance walked different than Ingress.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

Man I hope we get some kind of distance sync for trekker. I'd love to get that badge but most of the time I don't have the scanner open when walking

• I feel trekker's tier thresholds are balanced for walking while playing. 300km for gold would be free with adventure sync functionality.

We do need another core medal with the **** of guardian. Perhaps a separate adventure sync one?

• Trekker is definitely balanced for walking while playing. Golds take work! 300km with adventure sync is nothing.

Maybe there could be a new metric for it, though. We do need a new core medal with guardian gone

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

I trail run and hack while I do but even with keeping the app open it rarely gives me credit for all the miles I log. It works great in urban settings where portals are dense but if there’s more than a few minutes/miles between portals The accuracy drops significantly.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I hiked 3 miles today and got less than 4 km Trekker credit for it. It would be nice to get it all, but I didn't have the app open the whole time, and I do get enough "free" Trekker credit for having the app open when driving that I feel that offsets lost credit I earned legitimately.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really want to see Adventure Synch used to give credit for Trekker unless it is specifically and exclusively during events like Hexathalon when you are switching between apps to check your score or look at a city map to find artifact portals. In those instances the game can drop progress if you don't ping the server before switching

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

I think it should consider at least bicycle and running workouts somehow. Not just slow walking

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Even the per-adventure sync tracking system in PoGo was far more reliable than what is implemented in Ingress. Even if adventure sync isn't added to Ingress, the tracking system should be updated to use whatever PoGo used in its early phases. This will still require that you have the app active in order to track your distance, which I don't think will have a problem with. It will just do it far more accurately and without any timeouts if you don't perform any actions within a set amount of time.