Sorting by name just doesn't work

Your devs seem to have an inability to understand basic linked list management. I'm giving them that because the other option is that they don't understand alphabetical ordering.

Sorting keys by title OFTEN goes wrong. To such a degree that I have NEVER recharged a whole keylocker worth of keys, when sorting by title, and had no problem for a whole lot. The end result is that keys get missed. I have to check each set of keys three or four times to be sure it's all been charged,

There is no pattern I can discern to this, Sometimes it messes up after filling up with a cube, sometimes it's just broken from the start.

Screenshot attached.

Comments

• Out of curiosity (since sorting by Name has always worked for me), does any of the portal titles of the keys start with anything other than az09?

• Nope, it's not that, because the order changes. It can be fine one minute and then suddenly, nope, it's all over the place. There are no keys that aren't plain alphanumeric starts. Also, switching between key view and keylocker load, the order will be different again.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

You clearly never recharge portals if you think sorting by name works.

It's been broken for over three months; quite a few people have posted about it.

• Name sorting absolutely does NOT work.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 same issue here. Hitting sort by name a second time just seems to rejuggle them.

• Yes. The key arrangement is very bad. I have the same issue as most players. When going from distance sorting to title sorting the key arrangement gets so mixed up that you cant find anything. Sometime it drop the key completely so that its not even in the list. When this happen you miss recharging portal. Not a good thing. Please fix this as soon as possible...

• Been testing this sorting thing quite a bit now. And it works perfectly. Also inside capsules. Sorting never goes wrong. Since my friends complain same thing to me and they all have Android phones and I have IPhone 8; I am curious to know; if this is OS-issue? So anyone here with IPhone and sorting broken?

• Sorting by name is broken for me as well (S10+). It seems to mostly sort by name, so it feels to me like the comparison function is returning inconsistent results and breaking the sort at some point thereby producing a partially sorted list.