An Open Letter to Ingress Agents

Comments

• “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• I see your point. There needs to a way in between to provide at least some information. No one knows what you are doing for us. :-/

• sprwsprw ✭✭✭

Perringaiden - knowing you, I'm quite used you have trouble understanding a well written text, but I still must point out that there is nothing that would suggest "encouragement of spoofing and the like". Where did that came from?

• Less QQ more pew pew

• This is what a Vanguard is/does: http://bit.ly/2nioYQI

We don't police the player base. You have the support site you can use to report spoofers, harassment and portal location abuse. That's not what we're here for. People ascribe all sorts of responsibilities to us that just isn't true. Please do read the link provided above to get a clearer picture of what the Vanguard role entails.

We can, however, help with resetting spoofed durable portals and links.

• edited September 2019

When people say 'Punk Ingress', that's usually the go-to move. Because anything else requires actual effort.

If he didn't mean it, that's what a lot of trolls are going to interpret it as anyway.

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

While I sort of agree on some of the things you've said, I do not agree with your methods even though you have all rights to play as you please. There's already enough hate and anger towards people because they don't play according to a certain standard.

In my eyes the best course of action would have been to just ignore the event and play your regular game. That way you can make your point and not be XF.

• sprwsprw ✭✭✭

Perringaiden - he didn't mean it. And the only troll who had interpreted it as is you :)

• "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

• #signed

• So they are all the same useless. The link says that the vanguards are the advocates of the players. Therefore, then you cannot convey the simple thing that ingress is a game about competition. With one decision, Nia excluded entire communities from participating in anomalies via recharge rooms. Your voice is not heard. Announce your position publicly, and do not broadcast about how useful the program is, the results of which the ordinary player does not see.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I don't see how NIA excluded entire communities from participating in anomalies via recharge rooms? All you need to participate is register with Niantic, get a playbox key and recharge it during the anomaly. It's even EASIER now for rechargers to participate.

I assume what you are referring to is getting the anomaly badge? Well, unfortunately for that you'll need to pay. But if the price is not within your budget, nothing stops you from either a) asking your community for a little help to possibly crowdfund a set of tickets for those interested in recharging for a badge, or b) register for a free ticket, forgo the badge but help your faction regardless in recharging.

Your voice is not heard. >> You are unfortunately not in a position to verify this.

I can assure you we are heard. But the NDA we all signed prevents us from revealing any discussions that do take place.

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

And they are, but you don't have to take part in it either way.