Why was this rejected?

spacechefspacechef ✭✭
edited September 2019 in Wayfarer (Archive)

Why was this rejected?

Only one nearby portal, several hundred meters away.

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Without knowing the full details, no one can really say. My best guess is that reviewers could not establish its location from the available satellite image or photospheres or they have reason to believe that the location was not correct. The general rule is that if you cannot see the object from the satellite image, then you need to make a photosphere of the object and the surrounding area.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

I agree that's how I read it, the location was either inaccurate or simple couldn't be verified by reviewers.

It's possible if you submitted it using Redacted that if you didn't leave setting the location till last that it rubber banded back to the incorrect location.

Or if you used Prime perhaps your supporting photo didn't help show the POI location in connection with it's surrounding. Particularly useful in areas with poor Google maps. (3D Spheres are best but not always time practical.

At least you get a reason now so you and learn to improve the quality of your submissions as oppose to the the old reply.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Id say either the location couldn't be confirmed or they have thought the title is wrong, out of the two signs the one that jumps out at you is the welcome to the state park bit, not the campsite information.

Cant tell from the picture what the campsite info says, but it if its only details of where you can camp and rules then that wouldnt actually meet criteria and as you have titled it regarding the campsite then that would be the part of the two signs judged as a POI.

Id re sub it maaking sure theres a PS there and also changing the name to something like Welcome to Denali State Park, as the park sign side of that pic should be a sure fire hit

• Can't see where you had it to judge visibility, so that aside, a quick look without paying attention makes it seem named incorrectly even though it's not. You have it named Byers Lake Campground when the sign on the left prominently says Denali State Park. Idk what else could be the issue.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously though why do people 1* nature area signs like this? I don't think it going to be faked if I see a forest and markings for a mountain as such. just 3* the location like krug said it is even a part of the OPR test!

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't take portal rejections personally, resubmit. If you're too far away, someone else may get their submission for it accepted later.

• If you submitted with redacted, resubmit with prime and use the supporting photo to prove the location.

• Either location or street view nearby. Rebsub and add a 360 photo via the street view app. Have had numerous of these type of things declined . Keep subbing it.

• Resubmit with a photosphere, That should be approved.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

First off why are people forcing a photosphere? clearly that submission does not look photoshopped and why would someone fake a portal in a forest in Alaska to begin with they have very few submitters to begin with I would have given the submitter the benefit of the doubt on this one.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Because despite guidelines some people will still 1* a location if there is no PS to 100% prove its there. Personally it annoys me that its almost become an unofficial requirement to do PS's for subs that arent visible on street or sat view, but some people will just 1* reject if they cant see it on SV and a PS is the only way to counteract that

• Just because nobody else has mentioned it, I'd just like to point out that the photo was taken at kind of a funny angle. Whether or not that might cause some reviewers to 1* it for having a low-quality or poorly oriented photo, it still affects the reviewer's first impression when they first see it.

Or maybe it's other nitpicking: the address has an apostrophe in "Byer's" or because it looks like the sign talks about "Denali State Park" and the portal's title doesn't exactly match... if it's only that, resubmitting is a good idea!

• Resubmit the portal with a supporting photo that shows the board and any road or parking lot nearby, so that people can get an idea of where it would be based on items that are in the Satellite view. Or submit a photosphere from a place that's locateable from satellite view.