OPR in the news on PokemonHub....

Answers

• Analyzed almost 3k portals, only 212 I've rejected because they were really bad, since I got opr. Not everyone is as blessed with always getting submissions that should be approved per guide. As a result when you get a bunch of the same type of submissions back to back it forces a cooldown. You cheat the system by staggering your votes and reviewing things differently to keep getting agreements.

So.... we are done. Moving on to the topic at hand and the original post.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry 1 more question for you, are you saying you hit cooldown 24 hour time out? or run out of portals to review?

• Well. Unfortunately this is just proving ingress players are a dying species with redacted, and niantic should think about moving it to pokemon and wizards. Because at least they want to help. If niantic did a tweet vote on if both games would like submissions and the ability to review and approval them, I bet they would see people talking and having civil conversations.

• Cooldown 24 hour time. On typically churches, playgrounds, pavilions and sports fields. When I see a swimming pool I reject and get a cooldown.

So when you start seeing a lot of the same things in a row you need to vary your rating slightly. While generally I would rate all churches the same, if i see a couple in a row I know I might need to throw a 4* or change how i rate the culture/visual. This is the best way to prevent hitting that cooldown.

• I'm aware. But that is riggering the system. Thanks for admitting it and not voting or following the rules properly.

• Now think about it. Thousands of people voting wrong and not following guide to skip a cool down.... Hmmm, how many submissions has that caused to be delayed or rejected because someone decided to try skipping a cool down. See my point now in OPR reviewer's do not follow the rules and guide at all.... Those with thousands of agreements are actually the biggest of cheaters out there, yet they are the ones everyone looks up too. Hmmm. Irony.

• Calling people cheaters doesn't seem appropriate in a civil conversation.

• More to the point I don't like to be called one of the biggest cheaters out there because I have thousands of agreements in OPR.

• TimerCIockTimerCIock ✭✭
    edited September 2019

But it's TRUE. Tweaking your vote to avoid a cooldown is breaking TOS and cheating. Yet everyone in ingress opr does it. You cause some areas not to grow as a result. You cause some to be delayed way longer than intended to be, if voted properly. It's no different then me saying some 1 star everything they can. They do it because it's not all 5 stars and allows them to have more votes.

I think this loop hole needs to be fixed in OPR. Because it doesn't help the system as it was intended. A daily limit for reviewers should be defined and that is when you get a cooldown. Moving forward with submissions in all games, this is one area that does need to be fixed asap.

Okay, Its not rigging the system.

Generally I rate all Churches a 5*

5* Title

5* Culture

3* Visual

5* Location (Depends on actual location)

5* Accessible

Instead of voting 4 times in a row like that I might on the 4th time change visual to a 4* instead. or move cultural to a 4*, There is no direction on how to rate the Culture/Visual in the guides just the Overall ratings. So no not "rigging". Here I am trying to help you and you accuse me of stuff, come on man.

• When you differ from others it delays the submission. You can force others to be getting cooldowns they aren't supposed to be getting. Because if the submission was voted properly then it would of already been approved. Just because you chose not to vote like you normally would.

Some do it on bars for example. Some would vote higher, some vote generic business. That screws up the system royally.

• He's going against the consensus to get them cooldowns, but then, we already knew he was doing that. The (64 year old construction-working) woman already has admitted to thinking power lines and drinking fountains should be 5 starred.

• I think it's purely from being too far away from consensus too much. I've had strings of 20 churches and park stuff back to back, all quick and easy 5 stars and had no issues with the 24 hour cooldown. The only people I hear complain about it are people like derf vader who make up their own rules.

• Going against the consensus. You "tweak" your vote.... You "cheat" your vote. They are synonyms by Webster's dictionary.

Tweaking the system.

Bending the system.

Cheating the system.

That is doing the same thing.... And should be a major bug fixed by niantic.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Geez sound a little like TimerCIock VS The World

Personally I have heard nothing of a boycott of OPR or even this mass burning out of ingress agents. Yes agents arnt impressed with Niantic putting there hand out for cash now at Anomalies and yes with the retirement of Redacted alot of agents are less than happy. In my personal experience OPR review times have always fluctuated greatly depending on everything from the time of year, weather, ingame events and even the day of the week.

In reply to the link it sounds very vague and simply like they already deciding they want in on OPR and just decided what facts real or othewise would help make the case for that. Also the typical made up percentages 50-60% increase in time it takes to get a submission reviewed, I'm sure thats backed up with hard numbers.

How many Pogo trainers have decided to play ingress for the solo intent of reaching level 10 so they could submit? LOTS and LOTS. Which means for everyone one of those new agents OPR likely have 14 new submission each fortnight. Now how many are like AgentBOss who not only continue onto level 12 (let alone do that insane workload that agent is a beast)? answer probably on a small percentage and even those that do have likely flooded OPR with maybe 100+- submission in the mean time. Lets not also forget that any agent that has access to Redacted could also submit and extra 14 nominations a fortnight. All this combined is whats causing the increased OPR backlog far more than tired agents.

The 1 star comment is complete BS and i question anyone that actually thinks people would waste time doing that let alone because it would tank your performance rating.

The Whole argument about the more profitable game has always bothered me, every dollar Niantic has made off POGO is because they spend years compiling a huge data base with Ingress. Now yes pogo has become the cashcow (unkown how WU is doing) but that is also one of pogo's biggest issues. No one really questions that Niantic looks the otherway when it involves pogo cheaters because it would cost them alot alot of money. If ever spoofer was suddenly banned tomorrow Niantic would loose a huge amount of revenue. So they do there bare minimum since these people keep spending money to just sit at home, play the rng shiny game

I'm curious why you think playing all 3 games would make you more suitable to submit or review? A POI is either present and meets the requirement or it doesn't regardless of what game you play to interact with it in. Also there is that saying "Jack of all trades, Master of none".

Considering the recent results in that court case in the USA the idea that they would want to open up reviewing to a massive flood of people seems very unlikely. It would be interesting to know how long some of the portals have been there for with agents capturing them etc

Now to address what to do about OPR..... I have no answer and in truth I think Niantic is struggle with one also. The backlog in OPR when POGO submision come to Australia will be crippling, 90% with be **** submission but that 10% will make good and welcomed additions even in the portal network.

I don't think opening up OPR to POGO players is a good option but if they did it would have to be connected to a range of account conditions primarily if your account is flagged for cheating you lose both privileges. Also things like email address, avatar names etc should be locked in similar to ingress.

Excuse the all over the place-ness of this I do sometimes get lost in a winding tangent

• System wasn't design to have a select few doing all of the votes. When you cheat the system you cheat others out of voting for something they should be. You could have a different vote then someone else.

Show me where it says exactly what to vote under cultural and visual categories?

Not how it works, my vote doesnt affect other peoples votes or cooldowns. a 5* with a 4 culture and 4 visual is no different than a 5* with 5* culture and 3* visual both are high rated portals and are approving the portal now slowing it down or making it worse for areas.

• TimerCIockTimerCIock ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Show me where you're not supposed too....

You are assuming that your 4 star vote doesn't effect others. Where is your proof. Can you confirm it didn't delay the submission, if you vote a 4 star. Someone else votes a 3 star. Some else votes a 5 star. Some else votes a 1 star. Someone else votes a 2 star. So on. Now a submission that should of easily been approved has been delayed. How many people complain of pending submissions taking years. People assume it's because of lack of votes locally. Could be you all screwed up and delayed the approval because your cheating the system...

• Moving forward, Niantic needs to fix OPR this is an area that is an easy fix that should be done to prevent delayed submissions because you are going against the consensus and delaying the submission.

How am I going against the consensus, it appears the consensus agrees with me.

So you in OPR you are for a church doing 5* Total, 5* Title, 5* Culture, 5* Location, and 5* access?

The boycott and burnt out reviewers is made up of a couple of annoyed agents that it.

More senior agents have been able to submit 28 nominations a fortnight, add that to the number of pogo players that joined and played just to level 10 and you have your main reason for the extra backlog atm.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that you think all three games getting subs/into OPR is inevitable. HP is *not* performing as expected and it's less than half a year old. I don't think HP getting subs is inevitable at all.

• Hmm. Well I think I would disagree with you. It outperforms ingress by money daily.

Playing all 3 games doesn't make you better at anything, if anything it's like that saying 'Jack of all trades but master of none"

A POI either meets the requirements or it doesn't, it down matter what game you choice to interact with it. Yes what might make a good portal might mean it's a **** (unuseful) is irrelevant

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

That doesn't mean it's performing on par with what they wanted. Making more money than a game that really doesn't need microtransactions to play is not a difficult bar to surpass.

• If reviewer's didn't cheat the system, niantic would see the system needs more help. More they open pokemon go around the world, the more submissions you will see and the more help you will need.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

Fortnight = 14 days.

Days to get Portal Submissions back = 13 Days.

Baker's Dozen = 13.

Clearly the number of days agents can submit things is a Baker's Fortnight

• Consensus might agree but it's still the truth. Cheating the system to avoid a cooldown is cheating OPR.

• Couple. It's more than a couple. Others are cheating the system thinking they are helping the system. They are causing more hurt to the system than anything.

This discussion has been closed.