OPR in the news on PokemonHub....

1636465666769»

Answers

• I don't think you understand what significant distance is. The stadium represents the field (why else would people come?) and already has 2 portals not even counting the individual gates that have passed. There is literally no justifiable reason to nominate or approve the middle of the field where they paint the logo. If you wanted, you could TRY to nominate the field itself as a separate POI, but I guarantee you it will be moved to an edge of the field if not marked as a duplicate or rejected.

• TimerCIockTimerCIock ✭✭
    edited October 2019

If its moved then it is breaks your rules.... you all said you want it on the field and on the poi. The poi is the center of the field. Clearly in the title. 50 yard line artwork. It is the 50 yard line that is the main part of the subject giving you a location to acknowledge. You did this thanks. Confirm valid location. As the center of the field is eligible as the location. Makes it fair to the stadium. Moving to the edges would make the argument for schools valid then with sidewalks.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

Going to chime in, if it's a "dual" use field of school and public lands, its still on SCHOOL lands. The latter of school rules overs public for the SCHOOL uses it so it is not within criteria. For the decal in the middle of a stadium, guess what, it's chalk on grass which makes it a temporary display, which in FACT makes it not a criteria for a PORTAL, POI, WAYSPOT.

• School submissions reviewers should approve the athletic fields as written if 40m away from prp as that is the only restriction. If they are not 40m away they should adjust the location 40m and on a sidewalk off property as you can locate one... As it should still be visible and allowed to be a few feet away from the portal per niantic. You just confirmed at least 40m away is allowed is acceptable as a distance away from a poi with the movement to the edge of a football field at a stadium is allowed to you.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

No they shouldn't because the point is they are a location that is supposed to be apart of the school , school age grounds from K-12 is to be NOT considered no matter where the location is. You are wrong.

edited October 2019

If they didn't want it, they would of written it like playgrounds. Athletic fields they allowed because large amounts of player base are at athletic fields. 77k in fans at a stadium for the ravens. Those fans have children in sports majority of the time and watch their kids at the stadium play during games and off days for championships. As well as on athletic fields all over the county. That is limiting a major city that had plans for parks and recs in 1952 to allow for families to enjoy sports. It is allowed as it is written by the dual use agreement.

Department of education is different than baltimore county public schools and baltimore county parks and recs. Property owned by a separate entity is allowed to have multiple purposes as it's not school property as it's not owned by the baltimore county public schools department. Malls are similar as they have multiple uses in a way with various business and types of businesses. Downtown residential buildings with retail and commercial areas on the first floor. @Jasonwhut is incorrect on his opinion. @Jasonwhut may want to think about this and your picture. Ownership is clear and written.... school system does not own them.... department of education does. They also own community colleges and have other vested interests in state recreation areas, parks and other colleges. Department of education is not the department of baltimore county public schools.... wrong ownership jason.... gonna replace my portals....

edited October 2019

@NianticCasey please use @Jasonwhut comment as my appeals for submissions that were removed.

The dual use agreement is valid as there is more than one agreement established. Department of education not the Baltimore county school system owns the property. Being thus it is not school grounds they are parks.... as the department of parks and recs maintains and manages the parks for recreational use.

They are separated by sidewalks.

Post edited by TimerCIock on
  • harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

I don't care who is the submitter I have already replied to your off topic statement about the 50yard line. The POI is seasonal and has questionable PUBLIC access. That is my view

Again since it is unrelated to the topic and since it's clear that no consensus is going to be reached I suggest we put the 50yard line submission to bed. You can obviously submit it and let the like 20ish people that review it decide

• Understood. Your opinion. But others are allowed to disagree. As it is by what is written allowed by niantic.

It is my understand, I even asked in the forums for confirmation, that it is NOT OPR that removes invalid POI but Niantic employees. So it would be Niantic themselves that decided the evidence was enough to remove those POI.

That and what EVERYONE know, is that it is far more difficult to get a POI removed regardless of how invalid it is as it had the benefit of the doubt. So the evidence must have been overwhelming

• Evidence wasnt formally all provided and noticed until now. :)

edited October 2019

Exactly you have expressed yours, I have expressed mine, others have expressed there's. What else is there to say? Unless further OFFICAL clarification becomes available

Also perhaps you could consider your own words "others are allowed to disagree"

edited October 2019

Board of education is not Baltimore county public schools.... they aren't school fields. They are part of the public park. Hence why dual signs that jason blantly decided to share. Which confirms both a school and a park separated by sidewalks which are public areas.

It's like being neighbors to your neighbor. Or being a neighbor to a park.... like multi family apartments where there are multiple different address for the same building. No different than 2 different organizations dividing up the party. Oh wait like a mall....

Again this if off topic but I will reply

Since previously in this very thread you where trying to justify submitting playground school grounds by moving the marker onto the sidewalk, my confidence in you isn't good. I see no sidewalk between the sides, in fact the signs appear to be on a corner with a road to the left.

• School is separated by a sidewalk. Public space starts at the sidewalks. Would you prefer me to move them the portals instead? They are allowed too. As the parks and recs department has an agreement with department of education... and maintains and operates the athletic fields. I did not submit the rec center or the indoor gymnasium basketball court as that is in the school grounds.

Do how ever you see fit and how you interpret the guidelines and I will do the same

Here is another example a Catholic Schools

Now it's likely a church is present on the grounds which is possibly used for extra purposes, which would be an easy submission EXCERPT it's on school grounds which over rides that.

Like the rest of your off topic comments, you have expressed your opinion, received community feedback which is this forums purpose. That you don't like the community feedback is again irrelevant.

This discussion has been closed.