In your opinion, what are the best designs of medals?

Since the Myriad event medal and the anomaly, I've seen that the next ones tend to be with wide frames and borders, and I fear that after September 30th the regular medals will undergo future adjustments, as the Nemesis saga has brought ugly medals and look of cartoon.

So in the history of the game, speaking of all the medals which do you consider the most beautiful / cool / favorite (about design)? And which are the ugliest?

That's my opinion:

BEAUTIFUL

Regulars: Explorer, Recon, SpecOps, SoJourner (exactly in that order)

Events: Cassandra Neutralizer

Anniversary: Luminary

Anomalies: Abaddon Prime, Exo5

UGLY

Regulars: Missin Day (only after change)

Events: Myriad Hack Challenge

Anniversary: none

Anomalies: 13Magnus Reawaken

FAVORITE (only about design)

Regulars: Recon

Events: Via Lux Adventure

Anniversary: Ouroboros

Anomalies: Exo5

Comments

• I think my favorite anomaly badges are tied between Interitus and Initio, the stylized skull is attractive.

Founder is also a personal favorite.

Recently, the new medals have been designed in a totally different style, and this causes some consistency issues.

It is interesting to look at the last few anomaly medals, and notice how the style slowly becomes more abstract and stylized with each new series.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised being able to group badges by saga in the future. It would make a lot of the game show changes that occurred between certain times

• Pretty much everything including and after Cassandra neutralizer looks poor and "out of place" compared to old stuff. Now if NIA would group these new challenge badges, like they do XM Anomally ones, they wouldnt look so goofy.

All 5-tiered static badges, even IFS and MD ones are good in my books. My favorite XM Anomaly badges are are Via Lux, Via Noir.

Personal regrets: claiming Dark XM and Myriad Hack Challenge medals, oh and three of those faces from digital bundle.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Shonin is my favorite.

• Anomaly- shonin, aegis nova, Magnus reawakens

Normal- explorer

Anniversary- founder, sage, Ouroboros

other- nemesis badges, prime challenge, old mission day badge

(I don’t have all these badges, but they’re my favorites.)

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I just realized this would be a great time to poke Niantic about who was behind the designs. It would make sense to see when groups shifted as development progressed.

I'm going to poke @NianticBrian after his Insight post yesterday about the original client. Perhaps an idea for a future insight post?

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

i think i like the design of the simulacrum bird much ^^ (although being instinct player in pogo :P and the bird looks like Moltres :P )