Suggestion: Better Submitters make Better Submissions
- Questionable Submissions: A majority of OPR discussions revolve around the quality of submissions and "edge cases" that need to have scrutiny.
- Tired Reviewers: A huge amount of burnout for OPR reviewers is because they are tired of wading through junk.
- Ignorant Submitters: New submitters (L10) often get submissions rejected over and over and have no idea why.
- Clueless Players: Players on all games have NO idea how portals/stops get made and what makes a portal/stop good.
- Make L10s go through the same OPR informational overview and quiz that L12s go through to get into OPR. Can't pass the quiz? Can't submit. This does three things: One, it socializes portal criteria so many more people know what is good and what is not. Two, it tries to weed out those who are simply careless. Three, it tries to impress upon submitters that criteria matters.
- Publish the current OPR criteria and guidelines. Why not? What could possibly be the harm of publishing this -- better portals? Oh $DEITY, no, we wouldn't want that. :) Breaking the 4th wall? Sure, but c'mon, it's not like that NEVER happens. I'm sure you can figure it out, Niantic. "Roland Jarvis reports researchers have discovered a pattern to new portals appearing in the network...here's the list......"
- Reward submitters/reviewers for great portals -- get a portal in that gets 5-stars from 5 reviewers? 5000AP! Maybe 10,000! Reward OPR reviewers for great agreement rates -- maybe if you have a 90% or higher agreement rate you should be able to hold 2100 items instead of 2000 or something. Incentivize people to make quality and they will.
What do you say, people of Niantic/Ingress? What other suggestions do you have? We can do it better, cheaper, faster! I swear!