Update on Umbra Anomaly Ticketing - Discussion
What do you guys think about the update on Umbra Anomaly Ticketing?
Here are the topics shortened:
- Poor timing acknowledgement. We understand the timing of this announcement was poor and provided very little advance notice of the changes. We apologize, and going forward, we will proactively explain significant changes to events, the game, or policy with advanced notice to POCs and to the wider Ingress community.
- Onsite Activation (Free) ticket to every Anomaly city. This ticket will allow you to have your actions counted for scoring, and does not include the Anomaly medal.
- Double AP, medal, and report eligibility. Onsite Activation (Paid) or Offsite Activation (Paid) ticket to receive 2X AP during your Anomaly event, the Umbra Anomaly medal, and to receive a report of your Anomaly actions on the local leaderboard.
- Offsite Participation = Recharging. Decoding. Intel. Remote participation includes recharging an Anomaly portal in the city you registered for during the Anomaly, successfully submitting any decoded anomaly code during the Anomaly period... remote Intel Op[erator]s will need to have their Agent names verified and submitted by their Faction POCs a week before the event.
- We're sorry. Here's a 3 for 1 treat. For the Umbra Anomaly Series, we’re also going to provide two one-time use promo codes to Agents who purchase (or purchased) an Onsite Activation (Paid) ticket before Wed, October 9 @ 5PM UTC. These codes can be given to any Agent attending the same Anomaly city onsite event as you for a free Onsite Activation (Paid) ticket.
- Sustainability ideas Needed. Lastly, we need your help as we explore ways to make Ingress more sustainable, and we need your help now. Adding paid options for Anomaly events is one of several updates coming to Ingress to help us achieve our goals around better viability as a team that can stand on its own.