[Feature request] Make translations of Prime public

Nice feature would be to make translation of Prime app public (translatable by everyone) in one of crowd sourcing platforms, so that users could add translations for their own language and this translations could then be added back to game.

This would also be good idea for any of Niantic games (my sister is Pokemon player and has sometimes real problems determining what tasks want from her, she doesn't know a lot of English)

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm always wondering why software companies almost never consider this approach. Is there a legal reason behind that?

• Probably of the overhead to keep out the trolls changing everything.

Even if you would link each change to a poll, that can be trolled.

• A possible solution would be a professional editor. A process I could imagine for Ingress would go like this:

1. Make a public page with Ingress Login to translate different parts of the Scanner Software. Each part consisting of none more than a subgroup of items or 3 - 4 sentences in context with each other. Maybe give an incentive for participation like ingame badges or itemcodes.

2. Make the translation submissions votable with polls or a system similar to Opr (which is in itself a polling system).

3. Make the first two steps limited time only. Let's say 6 months or a year.

4. After the first two steps are finished, hire a professional editor/translator for the specific language to sort trough the most voted translation and complete 4 - 5 final drafts of translations.

5. Have the communuty vote upon these drafts for a final result.

6. Your product is now translated.

No need to pay the editor/translator for more than step 4.

The submission/polling system of Opr already exists, so there's no need to create something entirely new, although adjustments will of course be necessary.

Maybe somebody at Nia might want to give us their thoughts on these suggestions.