Charging for something that used to be free?

13»

Comments

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Lot's of behind the scenes work happens. Key movement, getting a venue set up (either someone who doesn't mind having a bunch of people stomp around their residence for 4-5 hours, or finding a place to host it at), etc. It's still a lot of work.

• when they started selling items for cmu in the in game store, i stopped playing day to day.

absolutely hard core anomaly veteran here that always turned out to give the other side a hard fight - but, what with anomaly badges no longer being earned and simply bought, loss of interest for sure.

last few anomalies have only been able to afford a free badge and no packet, not even the cheapest one. the cost of travel anymore is a lot, not making money when spending it and have had to skip meals in transit to be able to afford the trips.

this used to be a fun game, but now its just about the $$.

i wonder if they are already talking about subscription access to simply log in and play - the logical progression of the cash grab seems to lead there.

at least i wont be filed under lost agent for the wrong reasons - a lot of the playerbase is going to quit when redacted goes offline, and those are the majority of agents who would pay to go to anomalies.

way to go - choosing to make it so you MUST pay for the priviledge of an anomaly is going to deter even more from bothering to make the trip. ergo subscription play is on the horizon - i didnt check the forums for anyone else mentioning subscription play, so maybe you heard it here first.

it was a good run, i will still log in and play every here and again but definitely dont count on me for anything towards local/regional/global goals and competitions. and surely not for anomalies anymore until it becomes affordable again - yeah, that whatever nominal amount the 'free' badge now costs is a budget buster.

sad to see. i guess i'll go be poor somewhere else.

• I am pretty sure you do get their 2x AP either way. Here’s what it says:

"Offsite Activation $13 ($2 service fee + taxes not included)

• Receive 2x AP during your Anomaly event, regardless of location or participation (bonus AP will be awarded after the event)"

The key words are "regardless of participation."