What's the story behind an In Game Name?

Comments

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

• My name is an alteration of my old steam name which was TheModFox, mainly because I liked foxes, I wanted it to be TheMadFox but that was taken,

Then I realised that it sounded quite **** so I now use MadFaux, which I love

• My name is an alteration of my old steam name which was TheModFox, mainly because I liked foxes, I wanted it to be TheMadFox but that was taken,

• MadFauxMadFaux
    edited June 2019

My name is an alteration of my old steam name which was TheModFox, mainly because I liked foxes, I wanted it to be TheMadFox but that was taken, Then I realised that it sounded quite **** so I now use MadFaux, which I love

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

@Theisman , When I see you name, only thing I can think of is Joe Theismann. I'm a Redskin fan and I remember his broken leg all too well.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Grendel + Beowulf = grendelwulf.

I don't remember when I first used it. Years ago on the internet. It's all lowercase because I too am humble.

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

No one asked before, with my original IGN. Had it changed but a smurf got it and somehow the name is not recyclable.

So I got this and tweaked it a bit.

Truth to be told, the origin to my ingame name is not that interesting to anyone, and the reasons are quite personal and meaningful to me. Something like why I like Fight Club the book, simply because of the story that happened around it.

• MaktoMakto ✭✭✭

So you want to know where Makto came from? The Age of Makto was an era of time as marked by the Tkon Empire that occurred some 600,000 years ago. This Age took place after the Age of Xora.It was during the Age of Makto that the central star of that empire went nova This event lead to the eventual decline and collapse of the Empire. Star Trek Next Generation (The Last Outpost)

Interestingly it appeared again which I find curious

A Toruk Makto is a Na'vi individual who successfully manages to ride a great leonoptryx (Na'vi name: toruk). There had only been five Toruk Maktos prior to Jake Sully. and they are spoken of with great respect and honour. Using the prestige of the position, Jake unified the Na'vi against the RDA and led them to victory in the **** on the Tree of Souls. Toruk Makto translates as "Rider of the Last Shadow"